Wannabe... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wannabe...

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Hey everyone!
    First posting on the site, though I've been lurking the past few days. You probably want to know how long I've been playing, and the answer is - I haven't. So what am I doing here? Well I guess a small history is somewhat called for.

I am 25, work full time, and am also in a masters program for mental health counseling. I've played online games since The Realm (before UO, EQ and AC1.) Also I've been a Rennie (Ren Faire goer) since my mid teens. My last year or so of undergraduate school showed me the world of D&D and I fell in love with role playing and table-top gaming. It took me awhile when I got back to my home state to find someone else who not only played D&D but had an open spot. So I get my fix every other Saturday!

A co-worker (and co-D&Der) has done Warhammer 40k stuff for over a decade and has really piqued my interest. While I don't have the funds to start right off and buy a 2,500pt army or anything, I do plan on eventually grabbing some start-up gear and a small set or two to see if I can half-decently paint. If so I'll probably look around eBay and various other places for a discounted Battleforce and slowly start working my way up.

So, yeah, lots of words, not a lot of substance... guess thats me HAHA!

You can do anything you want, as long as you are willing to pay the price

2. Remove Advertisements

Wayward, Texas
    2 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

eBay is the way to go. I got started with fantasy by grabbing a nice batch of Vampire Counts models (and a carrying case and loads of movement trays and a jeweler's saw and, well, you get the picture) for just over $100.00.

I 've probably bought at least 25% of my stuff off of eBay, come to think of it. My Ogre army was bought all new and on the cheap.

Anyhow, you got me on an eBay tangent.

Welcome to LO. I'm betting you can make lots of contacts for your soon-to-be vocation. :yes:
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread