TPM heads for the hills (pics-a-rama). - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

TPM heads for the hills (pics-a-rama).

But don't panic- it's not permanent.

For part of my uni course I have to spend time at various farms and animal facilities. I've waited for Minus-t to write a guide to Veterinary Science instead of actually going to uni but he's taking ages.
    This summer I'll be spending the best part of two months at a couple of farms- one horse trekking and general farming place and one sheep farm. This means that I won't be around so often and certainly won't be posting as frequently. This is mostly because there is no internet on the farm, nor cell coverage, nor even electricity. I won't be getting a lot of painting done this summer, believe me.

At this stage I've already spent one week on the first farm and have escaped for the day to shower and recover. I got some photos if anyone was interested.

First off- the crazy road I have to drive down to get to the farm and my massively inappropriate farm vehicle.

The cliffs were pretty cool, even if it means occasionally clearing rock falls after rain. I also stopped and grabbed some of the rock to use on scenic bases (perpetual geek that I am) but I think it might be too soft- it crumbles like a cracker when you play with it.

The cliff road leads along a river that passes the farm. It's about 20k long and at some points the river is accessible (actually it's accessible at every point but I've decided that involve a 300m plunge as part of the 'access' don't count). Here's some pics of the river and the valley.

The bottom one is the nearest river access to the farm. I consider it my en-suite. Because I live here-

Awesome, eh? Quite a view out my window. Unfortunately my little camper-van shares a paddock with three horses and a swarm of chickens. Some of which work as my alarm clock, which is set for 5.50am unfortunately and I can't catch the blighters to 're-set' it.

I have hatred for these two animals.

I do however quite like a bunch of the other animals that live here.

This is Missy- she's a farm dog but she's very pregnant and gets to lie around a lot. I like her because I got to listen to her puppies heartbeats with my stethoscope which is about as cool as vet gets at my level.

This is Furbie and her kittens. Furbie is pretty sweet unless she's with her kittens, in which case she'll try and kill you if you get to close. She kinda reminds me of the Monty Python rabbit in that regard.

Here's a bunch of the other animals that I've so far fed, groomed, chased or fled from.

These last couple are cool- the car is the farm vehicle. It's amazing it still runs and can fit 14 dogs, including the one that surfs on the roof where-ever the car goes.

And finally, the worlds worst designed cow. As soon as the grass gets too short his bloody great horns mean that he can't eat any more! Intelligent design? Maybe not...

No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Well there's some time left until summer so you will have to make up the lack of prescense here by being even more active now. When are you leaving then?

Cool pics as well! The NZ landscape sure is fantastic and those kittens are adorable (I love cats - meow!)

Quote Originally Posted by The Painting Monkey
    (actually it's accessible at every point but I've decided that involve a 300m plunge as part of the 'access' don't count)
    Didn't you bring your jump pack?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Mighty Camel View Post
    Well there's some time left until summer so you will have to make up the lack of prescense here by being even more active now. When are you leaving then?

Cool pics as well! The NZ landscape sure is fantastic and those kittens are adorable (I love cats - meow!)

Didn't you bring your jump pack?

Ha! I've been gone a week already but managed to escape for a day. It's a 300k round trip to my place so I won't be doing it often! You've forgotten that it's already summer in the southern hemisphere- and I've got the sun-burn to prove it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Erm... right, right.

*looks out window*

But, it is all snowy here...
    Well then, see you when we do! And don't mess with the animals now, we want you back in one piece (those chickens look wicked...)!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

743 (x8)

OK- I'm still alive but farm animals are dying around me at a regular rate. I even had a sheep kill itself next to me the other day. I also got to assist a necropsy of an alpaca so intersting stuff too. I'll hopefully post a few more pics when I leave this farm in a week or so (not of the necropsy, sorry- too grim).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

Beautifull Place!

Reminds me of British Columbia where I live. Can't be bad to be there!!!:happy:

Cheers, DH
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

746 (x8)

I even had a sheep kill itself next to me the other day.
    LOL, You really should behave you monkey Could it have been a japanese sheep trying to keep some honour?

It looks like if you have found a great spot on the globe mate and I happily envy you. Wish my education took me to such places *sigh*

Enjoy everything, but try to be a bit more gentle to the sheep, Ok?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

525 (x8)

How the hell did a sheep kill itself? ;o

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Looks gorgeous, mate. My profession generally involves very dry books, I'm thinking perhaps I chose poorly when looking at all this. Have a great time!

Tekore

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

746 (x8)

Yessss...how indeed?

Quote Originally Posted by DMC
    How the hell did a sheep kill itself?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast