Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My army is :
    farseer
    singing spear model

5 howling banshees

40 guardians

wraith lord

falcon

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool (Needs improving though, with more assault element, as it wont stop a charging close combat army in time, as proved my moi and my wolves&#33

I'd get some scorps, and some more banshees.

Oh yer, that crater terrian u have is cool! Paint it NOW!
    A Promise to a dead man means nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

Wraithlord is good. Very good. But as said, could do with improvement.

Ideally, you want a warlock with each squad of ten guardians, since Guide is invaluable when facing enemies that need to be hacked down in droves.

Assault elements wise, I would have gone for scorpions first rather than Banshees. A lot more well rounded, and not immediately a lascannon magnet.

Suggested purchases: Dark Reapers, Fire Dragons, Striking Scorpions. A small squad of four plus an Exarch is enough for a while, and at such point you can simply buy more models to add to the squads.
    "It fits like clothes made out of wasps!"

die
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

being a former eldar player, and hence i cant log back my old alias of Xaero for some odd reason, I figured I'd give my input under this alias.

Ok, in my old force, which was a little shootier than the average eldar, Definately need aspect warriors, personally I loved Howling banshees, Which needed a transport. I had a squad of ten w/ a wave serpent, if I were facing marines, chaos, any heavily armored army. If not Id take a 10 man squad of scorpions in a wave serpent, good for taking out swathes of under-average troops, IG, Tau, etc. Depending which squad I took in the wave serpent depended on which squad was 6 man in a falcon. ie 10 man banshees, 6 man scorpions, but I also played ulthwe. so that was abandoned sometimes for the seer council. Black guardians, which had +1 bs or ws, were in more than 10 man squads w/ a warlock, which i could have sworn dont have guide (it might just be the fact that i havent played them in over a year but I thought farseers had guide), but have cover, which gave them a 5+ invulnerable cover save. The black guardians were the most devastating part of my army, 40 s4 ap5 shots at 3+ was damaging, *reminisces how he took down 2 10 man terminator squads in one turn w/ 2 black guardian squads.*
    Wraithlords are pretty much a no brainer, the only thing is they are lascannon magnets, so usually they are a distraction for my dark reapers or banshees/scorpions. err, cant think of much right now, if i remember, ill write more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definatly get a 5 man Dark reaper squad, you won't regret it ( espicially if you play against marines )

Closed Thread