Greetings, programs! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x0)

Greetings, programs!

Real first name: Matthew

Age and gender: 32, Male

Occupation: Sr. Billing Analyst at a major Asset Servicing company.

How did you get into wargaming? BattleTech, way back in the day. (2nd Ed.)

How did you get into Space Marines? Bought 2nd Ed 40K box.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Marine player? Don't let anyone tell you your chapter is cheese. (My first chapter was 2nd Ed. Cheese... er... Space Wolves - I did pick them for the wolf pelt motif, not for their codex, honest!)

What is your Marine colour scheme? Want to work on a new scheme of sky blue, white, and silver.

How did you find this site, and how long have you been a member? Found this site on "", and I just joined.

What are the origins of your LO username? It's based on my Japanese name.

Where and how often to you usually play? Usually play at Games Empire, Pasadena, CA, though I don't play often. I've collected WH40K since 2nd Edition, and I can still count the number of full games I've played on two hands.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? Um... yes, almost all still in boxes. I've collected figures for 40K (multiple armies), WFB (multiple armies), BFG, Mordheim, Clan War (Legend of the Five Rings), WarZone (Mutant Chronicles), BattleTech, Dark Heaven/Warlord (Reaper), WarMachine/Hordes (Privateer), Confrontation/AT-43 (Rackham), ChainMail (D&D), Flames of War, various WizKids products, and more.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? Favorite army to play against (40K) - Space Marines. Favorite Army to play against (any game) - Skorne (Hordes). Least Favorite army to play against (40K) - Tyranids. Least favorite army to play against (any game) - any where the experience is not fun in the least (only two experiences I can think of were Tyranids and Magnus' Agenda (WarMachine) and those were more because of the opponent than the armies themselves).

What is your best and worst 40K moment? Best 40K Moment - Holding a manufacturing facility from a Blood Angels' force with Grey Knights, due to the fact that the BAs couldn't get their Predator inside the facility to attack (got stuck outside the door) during a tournament. Worst 40K moment - Same tournament, saying "You can have first turn." to the Tyranid player in the final match.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? My wife appreciates my hobby, my friends say "When are you going to get an army finished?", my mother used to say "Can't you at least keep them organized?", and her boyfriend used to say "Why not just drop a nuke on the battle and be done with it?"

What are some of you other interests? Modelling - Primarily Gundam models, video games,SF/Fantasy reading, Collectible Card Games, TheoryHammer (I have a lot of fun talking shop, even if I don't play as much), watching movies, older TV shows, and sports (Go Sac. Kings!).

Do you have any pets? I help take care of the 5 cats that have taken up residence at our apartment complex.

What is your favourite band? Got a few - I like Matchbox Twenty, Oasis, Goddess Family Club (J-Pop/Anime), Two-Mix (J-Pop), The Eagles, L'Arc-en-Ciel (J-Pop). I less follow bands, though, and tend to follow individual songs, however.

Thank you for having me in your little community.

My 2 yen,

2. Remove Advertisements

at home
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

414 (x8)

Welcome to Librarium Online
    Blackhat's new blog network for terrain crafters!

+ Reply to Thread