10 year hiatus - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10 year hiatus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10 year hiatus

Its been over 10 years since I last played, and now I've been dragged back in by a so called "friend" I gave in and bought the assult on black reach, and was nice enough to give the orcs to my son

I've found the game much more accessible, and the people playing at the tables much more accommodating to new players than back in the late 90's.

After spending some Time in a local GW painting and playing I have to say I've got the bug again, so bad that I'm already trying to decide what my 2nd army will be. (probibly IG)

For Michigan Apoc news and meetups.. www.mi40k.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Hi and welcome to LO. The game has changed a lot, I have been playing since Rogue Trader days and I think this is the best edition of the game.

So I guess your going for marines then, well I wont hold that against you.

What flavour of marines you going for?
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure at the moment, I chose the Sable Sword chapter for painting, I like the simple white on black, and they paint quickly I've noticed no one seems to use whirlwinds anymore, where I used to live by them...Everything is somewhat different than I remember, its almost like a high school reunion, the faces are familiar but the people behind them have changed...

I'll probably build 1 1500 point SM army and then start on a Imperial guard army...and if the wife freaks out too much about the money I'm spending(something else thats new..budgets), I may look at some SM allies, like the Sisters of Battle or the Grey Knights just to shake things up a bit...since everything is new again the choices seem limitless.
    For Michigan Apoc news and meetups.. www.mi40k.com

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Sounds like you've got a good plan there. Hopefully your wife is tolerant enough to allow you to expand slightly

A lot of the guys in my area swear by whirlwinds and if I was a dirty stinking imperial player I would have them, I think they are a fantastic unit (especially at their points).
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

+ Reply to Thread