Howdy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Howdy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Howdy

Hello. I've lurked long enough here, so I registered!

Former long-time player of Privateer Press miniatures which has since dried up around here and I've accomplished all I can with their system, so I've been led to Games Workshop games recently, having sold my PP armies.

I dabbled with 40k Orks over the summer, but the horde aspect (clunky to move, monotonous to paint, expensive, too much dice rolling) along with at least a perceived lack of depth in some of the 40k mechanics (a lot of rushing forward followed by dice roll-offs) turned me off of 40k not too long after getting my Orks, so I sold them.

I've always been a massive fan of all things fantasy (books, D&D settings, MTG, vgames) so I was happy to see that locally WH Fantasy is getting a lot of steam, and I like what I've seen of the mechanics (especially movement) which adds plenty of tactics/depth. So with a big influx of cash I'm getting from currently selling my last PP army, I'm going to be starting up Dark Elves, and maybe even a little Warriors of Chaos (the new sculpts are amazing, and with all of the plastic and point costs, relatively cheap to build up).

At some point I wouldn't mind going back to 40k, but the only 2 armies that interest me are CSMs and Dark Eldar. CSMs have great sculpts and low model count (which I greatly welcome after Orks), but they seem a bit too popular, and I don't want to be just another number. I like DE fluff (what there is of it at least), and the playstyle, and admire their tough learning curve. Since they're so old and not very popular, I wouldn't have to worry about being another number with them, in general. I'm just a bit hesitant to start DE though if all of my models could be obsolete in a year or so with superior new versions. Perhaps I'll just wait (but then of course, EVERYONE will be getting DE, briefly at least :sigh

Sorry for the long ramble. Thanks for reading! Hope to contribute here on the forums in a positive way soon enough!

Last edited by Rezae; December 24th, 2008 at 22:31.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

is a hardcore rebel dutchie the great's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

Hey Rezae welcome to LO,

I like your thoughts about fantasy, Im not much of a dark elves fan but I sure like chaos, but I soppose both are equally cool,

have you seen the upcoming games day figure, its a chaos lord, so if you decide to go the way of chaos he would be a great start, you can find a pic of him in the "rumours news and previous" section of this very forum.

well now it is time for you to get some postin done

-DTG
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ungbloods.html

Come and join the YoungBloods social group!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thekinetic, welcome to the forum!

+ Reply to Thread