Good Day Citizens! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Day Citizens!

After trolling on your forums for a week or so now I figured I might as well sign up. My name is Christopher, but online everyone knows me by my forum name. I am graduating this May with my BS in Computer Information Systems, ie. a Business and CS degree without all that messy coding and stuff. I have been playing 40k on and off since 2nd edition rules, kinda missed out on the whole 4th edition, and just started getting back into the 5th edition.

Army wise I have A ton of Dark Angel Marines, somewhere in the 5000 pts range of all 2nd and 3rd etd. models, currently all unpainted as I striped them wanting to make them into a successor chapter but never got around to it.

I also have my main 40K army which is old school Necrons, and I mean the Necrons that were out before the Codex, so its all the old Lawn Chair models and all metal, so my case weighs about 25 lbs. I have somewhere around 4000 pts, and pretty much nothing from the Codex except one unit of Pariahs and one unit of Flayed Ones, and my Nightbringer has one a few local GW painting contests in its day.

I stopped play about 4 or 5 years ago, pretty much when I started college as I just did not have the time, but now that I am almost out, I am starting to get back into it. A friend of mine also started recently and so he got me rehooked and even tempted me into giving fantasy a shot for the first time. So now I am amassing a large Dwarf army, so it seems like it will be pretty interesting to get into. So I am going to go with that and see where it takes me. Lots of painting ahead of me I guess.

Additionally you can find me spending the majority of my free time on Xbox under Darqueling as my GT, and I am also one of those guys who built a suit of armor from the game Halo for Halloween this year and ended up winning several costume contests.

Anyway, glad to finally sign up, guess I will trot my way off to the Dwarf forums, and maybe Necrons if I so desire, Space Marines though... probably not...

Last edited by Darqueling; March 3rd, 2009 at 18:16. Reason: Edited for spelling, you try typing on a Netbook keyboard and see if you don't make mistakes!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I think I shall call you Darqueeling Express.

Welcome to LO. Good to have another fantasy player on the boards.

LO's a great site. Lots of good members with lots of great ideas.

Cheers.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

Oooh! Yet another new Necron player! Welcome! Be sure to check out all our sub-forums, as there's lots of good advice on painting, modeling and gameplay. Welcome aboard!
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Hello there, Darqueling.

Congratulations on graduating, and best of luck finding a job in this economy. It could be worse; you could be a liberal arts graduate (like me...heh).

I do hope you stop on by in our 40K forums as well, seeings as how you've got yourself a handsome lot of Dark Angels and old school Crons.

Welcome to the forum
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Welcome to LO.

Painting all those stunties might make you go blind but they are a great army. Not as cool as Wood Elves but someone has to play the bad guys!

Best of luck with your studies and once again welcome.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

+ Reply to Thread