GUTS: Generic Unit & Table Simulator - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GUTS: Generic Unit & Table Simulator

Hi all. Hoping to introduce you to my pet project more so than myself today. Introducing GUTS: Generic Unit & Table Simulator.

What is it: It's a program to let players engage in wargaming with a remote partner.

Like what: Well, let's say you live 4 hours from the nearest GW shop and don't have a gaming store the hosts Warhammer nights locally. This would let you find partners to play with.

What features does it have: It's still a work in progress but the planned features are digital measuring tapes, the capacity to upload and display images (for the models), customizable terrain shapes, template placement, and dice rollers (including direction dice).

You mean you haven't even written it yet: No. I want to check the interest level on this before I start spending my weekends writing this. I should have an acceptable version running within 4 weeks if I go ahead with my current plans.

What isn't it going to do: It's not going to include VoIP, One would probably want to get Skype or Vent so you could talk while you played. It's not going to be in 3D to start. It's not going to include graphics which are owned by Games Workshop. It's not going to play the game for you, you'll still need a copy of the rule book.

Sounds cool, now what: I'll want some early beta testers for compatibility reasons and as sanity check for the features I'm adding. Send me a PM with you E-Mail address (or just send me a PM, or just reply here, but the first option is strongly preferred), and we can hopefully work out some hours you could help me test.

Is this open source: Sure. If I get enough people expressing interest in contributing code (especially 3D programming code) I'll throw up a source forge project.

Sounds dumd, go away: Okay, you don't have to use it.

The name is stupid: Please give me a better one, I'd appreciate it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Sounds interesting. I imagine that you'll get lots of takers as the last such program began charging and lost a lot of players.

Post your information in the general hobby discussion thread and you'll get more feedback than you will here.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers. Thanks for that, will do.

BTW was looking for someone who has already paid, and doesnt use their account anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree

this would be very cool, lucky me i live 10 mins away from a Hobby shop that hosts warhammer nights, so im doin it face to face, but yea this is really cool, if you made this it would make it possiblke to play with friends all over the world, so i think this is a great idea , good luck and happy gameing ::Cheers::

Closed Thread