What To Get Tau Or Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Adam

i dont know what to get either Tau or Eldar. i dont, i like tau a bit more but i can't descide for sure

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey if i were you i would go for the tau battle force. They look totally cool and have great ranged attack. the battle force is around 550-600 points. yeah the tau suck in close combat

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do bear in mind that the kroot aren't exactly the pinnacle of close combat either...

But anyway, I would say Tau are the best choice. In my oppinion they have far more superior firepower than the eldar.
    A trait which easily can win a battle by itself...
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

Also bear in mind that if they dont have a shaper the kroot dont have an armour save. However this is somewhat negated by the armour save they DO get of 6+.

Go for Eldar, and more specifically Ulthwe. That way you'll be on a par with space marines BS, and you dish out 20 shots from a full squad of defender guardians guaranteed. (3+ to hit, 40 shots from 20 guardians with assault 2 weapons, str 4, ap5. Rather spangly. )
    "It fits like clothes made out of wasps!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drop Notions of These Xeno's. Join the Forces of Chaos! And Let The Galaxy Burn!

Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go with the Eldar. I started with Tau and believe me I regret it now. In my opiion it was a waist of money. I mean after like 2 weeks of collecting thme I alreayd had everything there was to get, and it sucked cuase therewas nothing else to do. I had a huge Tau battle force, but they don't really have anything good. Everyone I talk to that plays agrees Tau suck. Also, people say there so good at long range. Well they're not.lol, I battled with them once, I unloaded with like 30 fire warriors, some Pathfinders, a Devilfish and some Broadside cannons. I killed like 2 guys. 2 guys, you know how horrible that is.lol, luckily thew battle was jsut for fun, so I had like a partner basically, who was plaing Space Marines, and he did all of the work. I mean it's your choice, but everyone I know who has done tau, collected their army for about 3 weeks tops, and then they were begging people to buy it. My army had probably about 200$ worth of stuff(which is a lot to me), I was so sick of Tau I sold it for like 40$.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only armies Tau are good against are the Tyranids, Orks and probably Dark ELdar. My mistake, go with the eldar dammit!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Vampiric_Drake8@Sep 8 2003, 05:35
    The only armies Tau are good against are the Tyranids, Orks and probably Dark ELdar. My mistake, go with the eldar dammit!!!!
    My nephew plays DE against his friend alot who plays Tau.
    The Tau has NEVER won a game. :huh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the games that I've played I've won...........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think they are both rubbish armies for a beginner get either space marines, imperial guard or necrons.
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast