Howdy from Texas - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Howdy from Texas

I've been perusing the site for a few days and made a couple of posts yesterday. I figure I ought to introduce myself here as well.

My name is Brian and I live in west central Texas. I played WFB a few times nearly a decade ago and started painting a Lizardmen army before I was diagnosed with a disease and wound up on some medication that gave me terrible shakes, which ended my painting days.

The good news is that I am now on a different medication and no longer shake like a 90 year-old Parkinson's victim shivering in a blizzard while riding in the open cockpit of an airplane flying through a thunderstorm. So, I figured it was time to hop back into Warhammer. I am currently debating between DE and Lizardmen.

I have been playing pen and paper RPGs for 28 years and still play D&D nearly every Friday with a fairly large group which now even includes a couple of nine year-olds, one of whom is my son. Like a true gamer geek, I own and play a lot of systems and dabble with MMORPGs a few months at a time, here and there.

So far, the information I have picked up from this forum is invaluable; so thanks to all of you who participate and thanks again for taking the time and reading this introduction. See you on the fora!

The only difference between a madman and myself is that I am not mad.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Excellent, another Texan. We have a great Indy GT circuit in Texas. The next is LoneWolf Tournament: News. It's in Dallas, but there is one in Lubbock, Wasteland Wars. The Lonewolf site will link you to many of the others. Alamo GT is really soon, too.

Welcome to LO.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidWC09 View Post
    Excellent, another Texan.
    Stealing my lines again. Texas has a couple Warhammer hubs- one in Dallas (we I've deposited my home) and the other in Houston. Austin has a small following as well.

At any rate, welcome to LO!
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

Hi Bard Harlock, welcome to LO-you have an awesome story too, glad the meds are helping

It seems like you have a perfect grounding to get into the hobby, hope to see you around the boards.
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Welcome to LO! People here seem great. Glad to meet yah

+ Reply to Thread