I finally caved... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finally caved...

Hello all,

Well it finally happened. After years of wanting to play 40k and telling myself it was to expensive and time consuming, I bought in.

The final straw hit when a few of my friends told me they were starting up, and I saw a good opportunity where I could actually play. Not to mention I finally have a job where I can afford to blow cash on my hobbies...

I've started collecting my Ork Army and have about 20 boys going through the painting process. And I think I have finally chosen my color scheme.

I am also falling into the trap of wanting every type of unit and losing focus in my army. At the suggestion of my friend I have come here to read and ask advice.

- JICCY

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

Welcome to the board, JICCY!

Alright, a new player! And a very ambitious one, I gather.

You found the perfect place. LO is full of experienced players who are glad to share their advice with those willing to learn. Just start browsing the Ork section of the forum and maybe even the sections of your friends' (and therefore opponents') armies. You can start by posting your army list in the army list subforum to get some feedback.

Maybe check out the forum rules just in case.

Good luck with the green tide, keep up your painting spree!
    Enjoy your stay.
    Regards,
    Red

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi and welcome

The desire to get every model ever released is indeed the collector's dream. I personally hunt down what old SM models I can, so don't worry if you have the same feeling. Getting new models is part of what makes the hobby fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the warm reception! I have been perusing the Orks forum and even submitted my first army list.

I find I tend to be too ambitious when I start a new hobby. I don't like only going half way, you know? If your are gonna do something, go all out! That is the Orky way isn't it?

However, I am also trying to set a goal so I do not go completely overboard and end up with models I'll never use. On the other hand they do look cool and will be fun to paint

I've got some tough decisions to make down the road, but I think a good place to start is a functional army before a fun one...

- JICCY

+ Reply to Thread