Hello! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello!

Hi there, i am a 17 year old who lives outside of Portland Oregon.

I plan on starting my first Warhammer 40k army soon, but my scarce and hard earned money deserves to be spent well.

I have 76 bucks saved up so far, and i think i want a Ork army, but i could be swayed in other directions.

I was thinking of buying the black reach set, but then i have 2 armies.

Could i possibly convert the dreadnought and put Ork heads on the Terminators?(hah)
    and sell the rest of the set maybe?

I look forward to hearing some 40k wisdom.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Hey there Stubby, welcome to LO!

Orks are a great army, though have always struck me as being on the expensive side. As for your conversion ideas, go for it! Orks are widely known for cannibalizing the equipment of other races, adding some chunks of wood, extra metal plates, and other gubbins, and mysteriously having them work afterwords. Great army for conversions and that sort of thing if you are into that.

If you look at saving up for a while, I believe the battleforce is a good grab, or maybe the new megaforce GW is releasing.

Either way, best of luck with your aspiring hobby! And I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so is there any limit to how much you can convert? i was thinking of having some gretchin holding a few space marine slaves by chains. (using painted lego chains.) hah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Sky's the limit pretty much. As long as you can explain what's going on in game terms. Drop by the Modeling forum, the folks there should be far more helpful than I.

+ Reply to Thread