Ahem, Hello.. My name is Dave and I'm a Noob. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahem, Hello.. My name is Dave and I'm a Noob.

Hello, My name is Dave and I am a Warhammer 40K Noob. It has been less than 24 hours since my last loss to the Tyranid. I have a few games under my belt but I'm still not understanding things correctly yet and the dice gods seem to wish for me to never know victory against the Tyranids.

I have a Space Marine force cobbled together from the AoBR box set and a Mega Force box, I have around 2000 points worth of orks, mostly boys and Deffkoptas (I have the AoBR Orks and what I believe is two additional sets of the AoBR Orks that were traded to me). My roommate and by proxy myself also have a battle force worth of Necron Warriors, Destroyers and Scarrabs but no Lord with which to field them.

I am an experienced RPG tabletop gamer and GM, as well as a keen player in games such as battletech, silent death, axis and allies, and more than I have time to type out the names of at the moment. I hope to learn from the community here and maybe one day be able to actually beat those darn Nids which seem to be my kryptonite.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    190 (x3)

Hey

Welcome to LO! Hopefully you seek what you want to find on LO, and find what you want to seek. Looking forward to seeing you around the forums. Be sure to check out all areas of the forum. You might actually find something that intrigues you that much that you will want to start it. I know I have.

What are you looking at doing with your armies? Are you looking at starting any new ones?

Good Hunting.
    Light a fire for a man, and he will be warm for a night. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Your cobbled together forces are no good. You must get the codex for the army you wish to field. As a veteran of numerous game platforms you know this to be true. 40K is cruel and heartless and will eat you alive if you are unprepared.
    Jager bombs. Very efficient at wiping out friend or foe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently I'm fielding the Space Marines (Chapterless currently) as my primary force. The usual list I have is:
    HQ - 130
    Space Marine Captain - 100 +
    Artificer Armor - 15 pts
    Bolt Gun - Free
    Power Sword - 15 pts

Troops - 428
    Tactical Squad - 90 +
    5 Additional Marines - 80 pts
    1 Flamer - Free
    1 Missile Launcher - Free
    SGT w/Chainsword - Free
    SGT w/Plasma Pistol - 15 pts
    Tactical Squad - 90 +
    3 Additional Marines - 48 pts
    SGT w/Chainsword - Free
    SGT w/Plasma Pistol - 15 pts
    Scout Squad - 75 +
    5 w/Sniper Rifles - Free
    5 w/camo cloaks - 15 pts

Elites - 325
    Dreadnought - 105 +
    Replace Melta w/Assault Cannon - 10 pts
    Replace CCW w/twin linked Missile Launcher - 10 pts

Terminator Squad - 200

Heavy Support - 110
    Predator - 60 +
    Side Sponsons w/Heavy Bolter - 25 pts
    extra armour - 15 pts

I am still learning the tactics to use for them and most of the fights are 1000 pts or less. The orks will be good once I can buy a few more models. Marines will remain what I want to concentrate on at first. I can't decide if I want to go with an established chapter or not, nor do I know enough to make an educated decision.

Yes I realize a cobbled force doesn't help but I have limited resources to spend on models and until I know what is working and what isn't I can't invest in buying models that will be ineffective with my playstyle. As a style I am more into tactical movement and mobility than strength which is why I'm playing the Marines over the Orks.

I am very open to suggestions and advice.

+ Reply to Thread