Hey I'm new and already have an idea of what I want to do! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey I'm new and already have an idea of what I want to do!

Hey all, I am new to the forums and new to miniature games all together! I stumbled upon the game a while back while looking something up, and I have been reading about it ever since. I've finally decided to dive into the actual modelling and playing of the game. I am going to a hobby store tomorrow to pick up a codex and a few models. I already have an idea of what I want to do and I would love your opinions on it!

Anyways, what I am interested in doing, is making an army inspired by the Chozo, the technologically advanced bird race, from the Metroid series. I know it's probably not a good idea for someone who has literally never even touched a miniature before to take on such a large conversion project, right off the bat. But what can I say, I like a challenge! The two races that most make sense to me to use is either a tzeentch themed chaos space marines army (heavy bird them already), or the Eldar (advanced technology like the Chozo). Which one do you think I should choose? Which one makes the most sense?

As for fluff, I'm thinking that a random ship could appear from the warp, piloted by these bird people, and make trouble. Why they came from the warp and why they are making a mess, I have no idea. I'm not very good with fluff, especially not at 4 something in the morning. I welcome anyone who is good with fluff to elaborate on the little bit I have provided here (which isn't anything really, come to think of it )

For a paint scheme, I was thinking brown feathes, blue beaks, and white armor. I'm not too sure what to match with white on the armor. Regardless of what I do, expect me to post horribly taken photos of awful models in the appropriate forum when the time comes!

When I have gotten some opinions and decided which army, I will post an army list all that jazz in the appropriate forum!

Thanks for your time!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Welcome to the forumns! What you plan is quite ambitious, how do you plan to convert your models? I would recomend geting the space marine/ork starter set just so you can get a feel for what the hobby is really about. You can learn how to play and paint and the whole box set is REALLY cheap for what you end up getting.

good luck with your project; just take it slow and you'l love the hobby
    "Thank him who puts me loath to this revenge on you who wrong me not for him who wrongd"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the welcome! I thought about it, and while I definitely want to go through with my conversion idea, I think I may just build a regular army at first. That way I figure out what I like about the army and will be able to better decide what models I want to convert and all that jazz. I've decided to go with the Eldar, by the way. I like their style!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Welcome to LO. Lots of good modeling advice to be had here. Jump into the modeling forum and have at it.

Enjoy the boards,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

just a tip for the future - when/if you do come to do your conversion army if birdmen, there's a nive tzeentch bird head on one of the Warriors of Chaos fantasy sorcerors... I know its nice, because i just got him today :-P
    'War does not determine who is right, only who is left'
    I am President of the Brunel University wargames society - PM me if interested.

+ Reply to Thread