Hello everyone in this online community - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone in this online community

Hi there,

This is DieLaughin, I'm into 40K too much for my own good. I have a 2K DE raider force, a chaos horde that got way out of control (cause I like modelling weird and wonderful custom daemon possession types), a mech IG which is getting alot of my attention of late, a mountain of SM due to ebaying bits and betting bundles of other nonrelated stuff in the deals. A necron force that hasn't seen daylight for years, in keeping with the background fluff. a Space puppy force that appeared because I really liked the Canis model. I've WFB VC, O&G, Empire and more chaos, though old of my chaos armies is playable in both gaming systems. I get hooked into all game systems, like Mordheim, Bloodbowl(love the computer game as well), BFG, Warhamster(got an Undead army).
    Have always played historical wargaming as well, mostly modern warfare, getting into FOW and WOW(not the online game, though I have played it).
    Where do I find the time between work, family, internet, other hobbies/sports and general living? I get lots of opportunity through work, though they don't pay me directly to model n paint, it damn well at times comes close. I wargame professionally, though on a much larger scale(lifesize scale), and use a lot more computers than your average LAN party.

Basically another sad oldtimer who knew some of the GW HQ lot when they were store managers or starting out in the club network world.

Here to get more knowledge and throw my penny's worth of experience/wisdom into the mix. It's been a while since I last logged in and the rise of the new DE codex has stirred the desires again.

DL

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    414 (x8)

Welcome DieLaughin! I hope you will enjoy the forums and the site Always nice to see new members here
    Blackhat's new blog network for terrain crafters!
    www.terraincrafters.com

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    623 (x8)

Hey there DieLaughin, that's a lot of armies & different games you're into which i reckon is so cool lol. As Blackhat said it is always good to see & welcome new members.

Well anyways you will get a lot of helpful advice here so enjoy your stay & welcome to LO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you

It has already been very helpful in gaining knowledge. I actually signed up many moons ago but due to internet capabilities in my area of residence I was not able to post, but could read at work and so I'm now trying to contribute more to your wonderful site.

The problem with many gaming systems and many armies is that you do tend to mothball quite a bit and they come and go in fashion. I start 40K in '98 with a Noise marine army the day of the then new codex release, well actually the store manager in Oxford whose store I had wandered into had let me obtain a copy the day before with a rulebook and I'd spent that evening reading and compiling a list. I bought the army next day, 30 models making a 1500pt army themed on a story clip in the codex. I built n painted it in the space of fortnight and got absolutely annihilated in my 1st 40k game against a 6 dread BA fest, then i realised that I needed cc Anti armour capability. I have evolved since then,but mainly still do themed armies alot.

DL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bizkit View Post
    Hey there DieLaughin, that's a lot of armies & different games you're into which i reckon is so cool lol. As Blackhat said it is always good to see & welcome new members.

Well anyways you will get a lot of helpful advice here so enjoy your stay & welcome to LO.
    The problem with many gaming systems and many armies is that you do tend to mothball quite a bit and they come and go in fashion. I start 40K in '98 with a Noise marine army the day of the then new codex release, well actually the store manager in Oxford whose store I had wandered into had let me obtain a copy the day before with a rulebook and I'd spent that evening reading and compiling a list. I bought the army next day, 30 models making a 1500pt army themed on a story clip in the codex. I built n painted it in the space of fortnight and got absolutely annihilated in my 1st 40k game against a 6 dread BA fest, then i realised that I needed cc Anti armour capability. I have evolved since then,but mainly still do themed armies alot.

+ Reply to Thread