Greetings, Salutations, and All That Other Junk - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings, Salutations, and All That Other Junk

Thanks for coming around to my little introduction thread, I promise to not make this too unbearable.

I'm a long-time gamer and and a veteran of WARMACHINE, which I've played for three years with the boys in blue, Cygnar. I don't want to brag, but I do know my way around a magelock pistol or two.

I also used to play Warhammer 40k, but I wound up selling my small collection almost as soon as I started due to players disappearing. Since then, I've found a lot more people who've been playing and I'm trying to get back into the game.

Now with the Grey Knights merely moments away from hitting my FLGS' shelves, I'm finding myself torn between two armies that I love. Grey Knights of course, as they are the elite of the elite, able to do well in any aspect and look sufficiently drool-worthy while they're at it. And the other side is none other than Tau, who despite their out-of-date codex, are still a favorite of mine for being the fluffy alien ninja-samurai-snipers that they are. And the choice between the two is quite heart-wrenching. Maybe later on, I'd pick up the other, but I do like to focus on one crew.

Anyway, thank you in advance for your pleasant greetings, or trolling comments... I could expect either. I hope I can learn from you all and enjoy dumping a couple dozen dice on the table as much as everyone else here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    623 (x8)

Hey there WASDclick, so you can't decide which army to choose from the Grey Knights or the Tau. I'd say go with the Grey Knights first because of their new codex & models & then Tau but that's something i would do but don't go by what i said go with the one that interests you more hehe.

Well anyways you will get a lot of helpful advice here so enjoy your stay & welcome to LO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello there, maybe i can be of some help to you. When deciding between your two armies, another thing to keep in mind is what everyone else in your gaming group is using. If everyone has picked up the new shiny GK it can become boring for everyone to play the same army all the time. In my experience the majority of people play a marine army, so i find it enjoyable to use/play against a unique army, such as Tau. Of course, what Bizkit said is also true and this is just my opinion. In the end, only you can make that decision, but i hope i made it a little easier .

+ Reply to Thread