Returning to 40k after 3rd edition - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    248 (x5)

Returning to 40k after 3rd edition

Hey everyone, been lurking for a while and started posting maybe a week ago. I just got back into 40k this year after a long break. I played 3rd edition til around the turn of the millenium, but it was always for fun with friends and I was younger. Now I'm getting back in to it and feel a little more competitive, so it's great to find a place where I can discuss strategies and tactics. I'm currently playing Eldar but have a Chaos Marines army also. I've been playing a bunch of games since the start of February so I'm getting back in to the swing of things and getting a handle on my army. Look forward to talking with everyone.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

Well welcome back to the game!

Sorry to say it, but if you missed 4th edition entirely, then you missed the best phase the game has ever gone through in my humble opinion. There was a time when you could pick up your army book and make whatever army you felt like playing because the game went through a "build your own army" phase. The Space Marine codex had rules for designing your own chapter, the Imperial Guard codex had a lot of fun doctrines that could change how your army played entirely, Tyranids has biomorphs that allowed you to build exactly the kind of bugs you wanted to play... ect. Sadly they reversed all that because it took too much braining for the average person, so they dumbed it back down to a grade school level again. It's still a fun game, but not quite as much of a thinking game as it once was.

Anyhow, welcome back and have fun playing!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    248 (x5)

Yea I didn't play 4th at all. I had been talking to others who played 4th and it does seem fun, but too much customization can get out of hand. It's almost as if there's no rules and each army had its own. Like there's a regular rule for one thing that just gets completely overruled by a codex.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    623 (x8)

Hey there SJPhillyVT, first off welcome back to the game so how are you liking it so far? so you have an Eldar & a Chaos Army so how big *point wise* are both your armies? & what Craftworld are your Eldar from? are they Daemons or Marines & what God do they follow? (Khorne, Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Nurgle).

Well anyways you will get a lot of helpful advice here so enjoy your stay & welcome to LO.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

248 (x5)

Thanks.

I have about 2000 in Eldar and a bit less in Chaos Marines. I didn't get the new Chaos codex as I'm focusing on Eldar, and buiolding them up.

I don't have a specific craftworld or legion for either army, I just made my own color scheme. My Chaos did lean a bit toward Khorne as I loved the Berzerkers and Bloodthirster.

+ Reply to Thread