An introduction, of sorts, if a little late... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x1)

An introduction, of sorts, if a little late...

Well, I probably should have posted in here earlier, but didn't even realise this section of the forum even existed.

Anyway, a small amount about myself...

I am a New Zealand native, now living in Australia. I have been playing Warhammer Fantasy for about 2 or 3 years now, though never competitively. My main, and initial force, is Dwarves (yes I know technically it is Dwarfs according to GW, but I prefer Dwarves). Recently I started Ogre Kingdoms, amusingly about 2 months before the re-release, of which I was unaware at the time.
    Currently I have about 6k points of Dwarves and 3k of Ogres.
    I gave up my other hobby of MtG to focus on WHFB, because I can't afford two expensive hobbies at once, and there is a lot more satisfaction in building an army, painting it, making it your own, and playing it.
    My fiancee has just gotten into the hobby as well, she has started with a Skaven army. Previously, she painted on consignment for a friend of ours, but only recently acctually started playing games.

My local gaming club has also only recently gotten into WHFB, adding it into the other games we also play (like MtG, Fantasy Flight board games and so on).

I have dabbled into 40k with Tyranids and Tau, but was not too fussed with 5th edition rules. Perhaps once 6th comes out, I will look into it again. Not sure on which army yet, though if I could get my hands on some of the old Death Corps IG, that would be cool.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    623 (x8)

Hey there Raganok, i'm also from New Zealand that's also now living in Australia too , i've been playing for 4 or 5 years now & my Fantasy armies are Lizardmen & Skaven although i also eventually want to get Bretonnians & Vampire Counts hehe. I have 9 40k armies: Dark Eldar, Necrons, Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Black Templars, Sisters Of Battle, Tyranids Imperial Guard & now Blood Angels lol.

So do you still have your Tyranids & Tau armies? how big *point wise* are they? & since you had Ogres before their release what do you think about their new codex & new range of models & units you can choose from now?

Well anyways you will get a lot of helpful advice here so enjoy your stay & welcome to LO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x1)

The Tau I was borrowing from a friend, that was a 1750 point tournament army he had come up with, so I had to give that back when he wanted it.
    And the 'Nids, well, I wasn't too much a fan of their play style. I had gotten approx 2k worth of models for free, but it was a big jumble mix, hardly any Hormagaunts or Termagants, 40+ genestealers, a few ripper swarms, a couple broodlords, a hive tyrant, lots of tyrant guard, a few zoantropes, a half dozen warriors and a couple carnifex. All were pre-assembled, so I had no choice on look, and most of them had the worst paint job. So in the end, I sold them off, along with a few other bits and pieces to recoup the money I had spent trying to improve it, and decided that I'd focus on fantasy.

As for the Ogres, I love all the new stuff, the new book is awesome. I really enjoy the fluff, and the new models are very nice looking. Leadbelchers have to be my favourite, since now they are a more viable unit to use effectively, and I always field the 8 I have if I can.

I must say, that is alot of 40k. Why so many? And maybe you should be the one I should be asking when I do finally decide to play 40k, which army I should be choosing. So far, Necrons are one of my favourites, and Chaos Space Marines follows after that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    623 (x8)

Well to be honest, my first army was Necrons & were good in 4th Ed because they were able to blow up vehicles from 'glancing' but now in 5th Ed they can't anymore but i have 6000pts of Necrons then i started my second army with the Orks they are a fun army to play which i have 3500pts worth then i got given the CSM's, BA's, & went halves with Dark Eldar but then eventually started making my own DE force (which are 2000pts). The Black Templars (which are 2500pts) i started collecting because i liked how they looked, same as the Guard & Tyranids, as for the Sisters (which are 1500pts) my mate wanted to start them (& still does) but only had one model (& still does) but was taking too long so i started my own force hehe.

My Chaos, Angels, Nids & Guard armies aren't very big though, i'm not sure how much points i for my Lizards *& Rats but they are slowly getting bigger, & to answer your question (without me rambling on again), is because i liked the look of the models

So have you had any games with the new Ogre Kingdom's codex & had a go with any of their new models & rules yet? my brother has DE that's who i went halves with & he also has OK's as well (with a little help from me ), but i haven't had the chance to face him yet but i don't know how my Lizards & rats would against the Ogres lol, they might make Lizard burgers & Rat cakes out of my armies lol

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Bizkit View Post
    Hey there Raganok, i'm also from New Zealand that's also now living in Australia too ,
    Brave lad.....! LOL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasticmrfox View Post
    Brave lad.....! LOL!
    Why?

I've had three games with the Ogres so far, two 3k vs HE and one 2k vs Skaven. Won all three, though the first HE game was very close, and the Skaven game I think I only won because it was against my fiancee and she is still very, very new to the game in total.

+ Reply to Thread