Greetings From A Complete Newbie Sm Player - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x2)

Hello everyone!

Just thought I'd introduce myself to the forum here. I picked up my first 40k models a month ago and as of now have two 10 man tactical squads (each with flamer/missle launcher - I didn't realize I had other weapon options but nothing else was on the sprues - what's up with this?), one Bike-riding Chaplain, one Rhino, and one Dreadnought fully painted and ready for battle on saturday. Photos forthcoming. I'm playing Ultramarines and currently building a Command Squad from the recently released box.

I'm not too sure where my army is going to go from here because I don't know much about how to play, but I'm picking up the new SM codex tomorrow and perhaps getting my ass handed to me this weekend will inspire growth.

As for my first impressions of the hobby I'm finding it to be difficult to be a newbie because there's so much to learn. For instance... I've not even played the game yet, but to play the game I need the models and in building my Tactical Squads there's nothing that told me that I might want to equip my special weapons troops with something other than a missle launcher/flamer. Hell, I'm just looking at the box and hoping my painting skills won't get me laughed at at my local gameshop. Where can I find these extra weapons that would work with my units? Any advice would be appreciated.

Nonetheless, I'm having a great time building and painting thus far and am pleased with my results. Most of all, I look forward to actually playing. Nice to meet you all!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Sap
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Undeadair@Nov 26 2004, 16:31
    Hello everyone!

Just thought I'd introduce myself to the forum here. I picked up my first 40k models a month ago and as of now have two 10 man tactical squads (each with flamer/missle launcher - I didn't realize I had other weapon options but nothing else was on the sprues - what's up with this?), one Bike-riding Chaplain, one Rhino, and one Dreadnought fully painted and ready for battle on saturday. Photos forthcoming. I'm playing Ultramarines and currently building a Command Squad from the recently released box.

I'm not too sure where my army is going to go from here because I don't know much about how to play, but I'm picking up the new SM codex tomorrow and perhaps getting my ass handed to me this weekend will inspire growth.

As for my first impressions of the hobby I'm finding it to be difficult to be a newbie because there's so much to learn. For instance... I've not even played the game yet, but to play the game I need the models and in building my Tactical Squads there's nothing that told me that I might want to equip my special weapons troops with something other than a missle launcher/flamer. Hell, I'm just looking at the box and hoping my painting skills won't get me laughed at at my local gameshop. Where can I find these extra weapons that would work with my units? Any advice would be appreciated.

Nonetheless, I'm having a great time building and painting thus far and am pleased with my results. Most of all, I look forward to actually playing. Nice to meet you all!
    [snapback]258122[/snapback]
    The other weapons you can get metal models of. There is a blister pack that includes two Space Marines - one with a plasmagun and one with a multimelta. If you collect Space Wolves or those sexy Black Templar, however, get some Blood Claws or Grey Hunters - they come with an accessory sprue that includes a Multimelta.
    If you don't know what you want you end up with a lot of stuff you don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to LO Smurf!

It says in your codex what weapons you can use, but you might have to buy other modles to get weapons like heavy bolters.

+ Reply to Thread