Help A N00b - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help A N00b

Junior Member triggerhappytrooper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all, i dont yet play 40k, but most of my mates do and they have got me to start as well. After much ranting about space marines was yelled at me by people, i decided to get some nids. :wub: The proplem being is im not all that rich and my mates have HUGE armies, and years of practice behind them. i'f i try to fight them there will be bouncing meaty chunks of nids all-over the place. If anyone has any stratigical help they could offer that would be great, at the moment myn is, well non-existant. During my confused state i somehow managed to get one of my friends to start an army as well (dont ask me how, i have no idea how i managed it) the proplem is she wants to start a tau army, in baby pink. :blink: GAHH!! Any help with this would be good as well.
    One last Q, um is there any girls that do warhammer? Cos at the moment it just seems to be me and my pink friend. thanks for any help, less for any meanness.

"Its my snake, i trained it, so IM going to eat it!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

m0z
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try and get down to your local GW if want to learn how to play. Enroll in one of their beginner lessons. This way you will be playing with people of the same ability and can easily get advice if need any. Thats how i learn't. Just a thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Welcome to the Hivemind! I collect 'nids myself & although my tactical prowess is severely wanting there are plenty of others online who can help you (both 'nid & tau). I suggest you browse the forums for some good info & become familiar with the LO search engine to find the answers to your questions. Failing that you could PM any member you think may be of assistance or your friendly neighborhood moderator...I'm sure they won't mind. Hopefully you can find someone who can assist you in dissuading your friend from the peptobismal paint scheme (hopefully&#33 I stand ready to impart what little knowledge I have on subject 40k...you need only ask.

Wookie
    I hear voices...and they don't like you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well first of all you should have posted this in the tyranid section so more tyranid players can see this topic and repl to it. Second of all yes there are girls wo play 40k like goddes raven on the forum shes a girl ^^. And third we cant do anything if we dont know how many point batlles are normal for you wat kind of models you got wat your friends go etc etc. It may be hard in the start but once you get the hang of it you will be ok. As experience has taught me the ears some1 plays is not relevant I have beaten opponents that play GW games for 13 years with ease (or it is my supernatural call to play 40k :lol: ) Anyway dont give up hope eventually after learning alot of 40k and studying more 40k then homework you will be able to beat your friends.

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Originally posted by Archonbjorn@Dec 14 2004, 21:13
    Well first of all you should have posted this in the tyranid section so more tyranid players can see this topic and repl to it. Second of all yes there are girls wo play 40k like goddes raven on the forum shes a girl ^^. And third we cant do anything if we dont know how many point batlles are normal for you wat kind of models you got wat your friends go etc etc.
    [snapback]275361[/snapback]
    Ah c'mon Bjorn...cut him some slack. It's his first post...he said himself he's a noob so he's in the right forum introducing himself as a newbie. Now, if he posted these questions in this section after he's been here for awhile then yes I would agree that it's a foul. He also said that he's just starting out & is kind of short on cash at the moment so I'm guessing he has less then 500pts. I have no doubt he'll be a fine addition to the hivemind...Now, if we can just work on the little pink tau lady... :hmm:
    I hear voices...and they don't like you!

+ Reply to Thread