Nu Space Marine Chapter - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey pple

i am in the process of making a new space marine chapter

i have a slight idea of paint scheme but not a name for my chapter and was wondering if any 1 here could give me some ideas for a name

i will post the details (fluff) of my army and you can have a read and see what you think

:mad: Dont Make Me Angry! Im Running Out Of Places To Hide The Bodies :mad:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Origin:

Why: Following up on a lead as to where the lair of the hive mother of hive fleet Kraken, the Ultramarines sent out a full on assault to try to annihilate the Tyranid threat. The information was given off as a last communication sent by a thought to be dead scout who was captured and tortured by the Tyranids and their powerful psychic abilities.

In exchange for his life he would have to lead the Ultramarines into a hidden area where they would be ambushed and destroyed by the deceiving Tyranids. Sadly the Ultramarines were blinded of his deception by the astonishment of the information he was giving them and followed without little question to the given coordinates. It was a massacre; the Space Marines had no warning and were almost completely wiped out.

Luckily there were a handful of survivors that managed to scramble away and spread word of this horrifying defeat. Astonishing numbers of Termagaunts and Hormagaunts poured out of their hiding places, a horde of such numbers and massive proportions was un-thought of and it occurred at that point in time that the Tyranid threat was one that could not easily be dealt with and much more caution was needed.

The Tyranids got wind of the few survivors and in rage of not finishing the job huge forces were send the Ultramarines home world to not only kill the marines but all their associates and every living thing on their planet.

With the Ultramarines in extremely low numbers after the Tyranid ambush a new chapter was founded to protect the glorious Ultramarines while they regained numbers and expanded to an even more Terrifying opponent.

When: The earliest recorded battle of the “” was in 780.M41 which is when a great battle was fought between the Tyranids of hive fleet Kraken and the “” which at that time were known just as the Marines who fought for the Ultramarines! This was the battle in which the Officer at the time Graham Slokem got his scar and made this chapter.

Where: The “” now hail from one of the Forgeworld moons of the Ultramarines home planet. They do not have the size or the extreme reputation of the Glorious Ultramarines but they no less deadly and heroic, they are adamant that someday that will be able to fight side by side with the fearsome Ultramarines.

Who: General Slokem was appointed as the officer in charge of the great battle with hive fleet Kraken on 780.M41. He was fearless and a fearsome warrior but as victory finally came into view he charged a Tyranid Biovore and just before striking it down he was scratched in the face over his right eye. At the time the gash in on his head was extremely painful from the front claw of the Biovore but seemed nothing more than a gash. Time passed and he and the medics became worried because the gash never healed. This was due to some type of poison on the Biovore that had never been encountered before. Officer Graham Slokem was then promoted to veteran sergeant and then army General for his courage and outstanding combat abilities, as more battles waged on the gash on his head never healed while constantly causing him the same intense mind blowing pain he felt the second the wound was inflicted by the Biovore those many years ago and he was well known for this.

Later on the chapter grew very large due to the amounts of people that had heard about General Slokem and they were all inspired by his perseverance and courage. Because of the large amounts of recruits the high council of the planet decided a new chapter colour scheme and banners were in order.

It was decided that the armour and banners would be designed to always honour and remember General Slokem for his efforts even after he passed away and for all eternity so a similar primary colour to the Ultramarines to still commemorate the good deeds they had done. They were given a dark blue armour with black shoulder pads with chapter symbols and all marines had a distinctive white helmet and a dashing blood red line across the right eye to signify General Slokem.

As well as the many company and chapter symbols and markings on the standard armour, marines are encouraged to place additional items like religious scrolls describing previous battles and other religious relics/scriptures.

Combat Doctrine:

Beliefs:

The Gene-Seeds of the “” are derived from the Ultramarines and so follow the same and similar religious ceremonies while following similar scriptures and raising families under the same teachings.

Battle cry:

One of the most famous statements made by General Slokem before battle and also how he lives his life is
    “ Only Is My Duty Paid When My Lord Release Me, Or Death Take Me!” which has been somewhat revised into the company battle cry which states
    “Only In Death Does Duty End!”
    :mad: Dont Make Me Angry! Im Running Out Of Places To Hide The Bodies :mad:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about the "Kraken Slayers". That sounds like a good name to me. But Tyranids don't torture things. They kill it and suck the bio-mass from it.
    I'm completely sane, and the voices in my head agree!

Ultramainres 3rd Company
    W/D/L
    0/2/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmmmm.

Well, i love the fluff, but in order to make a name it would be helpful if you told us/showed us the colour scheme.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good concept and idea, but as previously said, 'Nids don't torture, they just eat.

Maybe have the scout somehow get corrupted by the Hive Mind or something akin to that, though a psyker would make more sense for that.
    We are the Order. The Right hand of my Emperor.

Daemonhunters 2-1-0

Eldar (Proxied) 1-0-1

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Cato Sicarius View Post
    How about the "Kraken Slayers". That sounds like a good name to me. But Tyranids don't torture things. They kill it and suck the bio-mass from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherJackurius View Post
    hmmmmm.

Well, i love the fluff, but in order to make a name it would be helpful if you told us/showed us the colour scheme.
    Quote Originally Posted by RevengeofOboro View Post
    Good concept and idea, but as previously said, 'Nids don't torture, they just eat.

Maybe have the scout somehow get corrupted by the Hive Mind or something akin to that, though a psyker would make more sense for that.
    *coughs* Necro-posting?

Legolas100 hasn't logged on in over three years, and this thread was created in 2004...
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

+ Reply to Thread