Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hello all. I recently became interested in the W40K universe again after about eight years out, and as before, the fluff is the part I'm most drawn to. Unfortunatley there's a lot of stuff I missed and so I have a few questions, mostly relating to the Necrons and the C'tan as they weren't around before (The Tau weren't either but they look stupid so I don't care about them).
I've tried searching for this stuff and found bits of it but I can't get my head round it. Please help by answering the following questions so I know what's going on.
1) What the hell is a C'tan? Are they the Eldar gods?
2) What the hell is a Necron? Where did they come from?
3) C'tan Phase Sword - didn't an Imperial assasin have this weapon? Where did they get it from?
4) Who is buried on Mars? Dragon something?
5) What happened to Eldrad? When? How?
I realise these might be stupid questions, but please someone feel pity for my suffering and answer them for me.
Wow..so hard to answer those questions without going on hour long fluff rants.I'll try my best to keep it short.The Necron stuff I'm still only learning about so if this is wrong I'm sure somebody can come along and correct it.
1) C'Tan are like the opposite of the Eldar gods and the Chaos gods.They're basicly made out of the same stuff Stars are made of. supposedly the Old Ones made the Eldar and the Orks and just about everyone else in order to fight the C'Tan and thier minions.
2) the Necron are what's left of a race called the Necrontyr.The Necrontyr had very very short life spans so they made a deal with the C'Tan.They would fight the C'Tan's enemies fopr them and in return the C'Tan would grant them immortality.Only the immortality the C'Tan gave them was to take thier souls and trap them within metallic bodies,and somehow or another they eventualy lost thier souls and ended up as mindless robot killers.
3) Yeah the C'Tan phase sword is the sword the Calidus assasin,the chics that can change shape and all.I assume the Imperials found it and decided it would make a nifty weapon.I think it was a gift to the Calidus temple but Idon't quite remember.
4)There are rumours that the C'Tan god known as "the Dragon" lies dormant under the surface of Mars,and that this is what the Adeptus Mechanicus worship as thier "Omnissiah", but nobody knows for a fact if this is true or not.
5)The Ultwhe guy right? I think during the last Black Crusade his soul got trapped somehow inside one of thos Blackstone Fortresses. Not too clear on the detaisl.
Thanks mate, it seems a lot clearer having it all in one place. Unfortunatley we now have :
6) What's a Blackstone Fortress?
Not to clear on that one I'm afraid.I do know that they are massive space stations that were made very very long ago by an unknown race(the Old Ones I guess).The Imperium had them,and was using them as space stations up untill the Gothic War.appearently Abbadon's whole purpose in starting a war in the Gothic Sector was to steal the blackstone fortresses,which he did,and now he uses them to blow up planets.Appearently whoever originaly created the Blackstones did so to fight the C'Tan, but I'm not sure, somebody else will have to fill in the grey areas.I do know the eldar refer to them as "the Talismans of Vaul".I can also show you a picture of one.
It's a model from GW's Battle Fleet Gothic game. Dunno if you're familiar with that game, but it's a fleet combat game based (obviously) on the Gothic War.