Librarium Online Forums banner

From the light, I return to the shadows...

717 views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  Grephaun 
#1 ·
Hey all. I have returned after an unexpected three-month hiatus. Having no access to the internet for that length of time tends to cause those things. :p

I see ol' Blackhat has changed the skin again. Lots of stuff has been happening while I was away. Guess that makes me a cat.

I am fully aware of the rules for the joint, but if there have been any major amendments to them I'd best check it out. Hell, I'd better scope 'em out anyway.

I'd elaborate, but the 5,000 character limit and the fact that this thing logs me off when I try to post any lenghty replies kinda keeps me from doing so. I will be happy to answer any questions you folks have.

Victorus aut mortis,
-Archetype

#4 · (Edited)
Lost Nemesis said:
Welcome back, Archetype!

It's been quite a lonely forum around here without you. ;)
With thousands of other members, I think that is a slim possibility indeed. By the way, you'll have to find a new buyer for those Tau bitz after all. Shortness of cash and full-time school have made me take a second look at what I spend my cash on. Sorry, dude.

Lord Yossanrian said:
Ahhhh! The Ravenguard commander is back! The Ravenguard is one of my favourite chapters, you you have oft nearly inspired me to get them. Perhaps with you back in the scene, I might acutally get them...
Sweet merciful Emperor... My rep as a Shadow Captain has extended to the ears of the Ordo Hereticus? I never could take a compliment well...

Well, I no longer play Raven Guard. I have cast aside my title of Shadow Captain and created my own Chapter. They are the Dark Sentinels, an Imperial Fists Succesor Chapter on a permanent patrol. Like the Raven Guard, they emply multiple Assault Squads (Blessed Be the Warriors) and commonly launch their assaults via Drop Pod. The way they differ is that Dark Sentinel Devastators are highly adept at punching holes in tanks (Suffer Not the Works of Heretics), but are disdainful of launching raids once planetside (Eye to Eye, mostly to keep the Drop Pods) and are known to let their pride keep them from retreating (Death Before Dishonor, just because I like longer-than-normal games :p).

Fear not, for if there are those who still wish to hear what I have to say about the noble Sons of Corax, you need only drop a line in my PM Inbox containing your questions. Tactical, fluffy, modelling, whatever. Keep 'em coming. I am only too happy to help. :)

LostNemesis said:
Very much glad to see you back, and if you've got any questions that you can't seem to get answered, just throw me a PM and I'll do my best to help you out.

Hope to see you s'more around the forums. ^_^
Indeed I shall. Thank you both for a warm welcome.

Victorus aut mortis,
-Archetype

#7 ·
Archetype! So good to see you back - we in IRC were getting really worried about you. Anyway. you have access to the Enhanced forum now - use it wisely, and I hope to see you in #warhammerfun on Gamesurge one of these nights...

Reactions: Archetype-
#8 ·
Hard Aun said:
Archetype! So good to see you back - we in IRC were getting really worried about you. Anyway. you have access to the Enhanced forum now - use it wisely, and I hope to see you in #warhammerfun on Gamesurge one of these nights...

Worried about someone you've never met face-to-face? Just when I thought I couldn't be more shocked, I find out that three-month disappearances on my part invoke global fretting. I must be dreaming... :tongue:

Enhanced? Does this mean I need new power armor or something? Howling Banshees and Hive Tyrants eat that for breakfast and ask for seconds (and thirds, in the case of the latter), regardless of my trusty power-fisted Sergeant. Oh, well. I'd best lurk around the forum and take a gander before actually shaming it with my presence. See you folks around.

Victorus aut mortis,
-Archetype

#9 ·
Enhanced? Does this mean I need new power armor or something? Howling Banshees and Hive Tyrants eat that for breakfast and ask for seconds (and thirds, in the case of the latter), regardless of my trusty power-fisted Sergeant. Oh, well. I'd best lurk around the forum and take a gander before actually shaming it with my presence. See you folks around.
It means ou can have a personal user title, acess to the enhanced forum (Lots of taboo subjects ---> Religion, Homosexuality, etc.) , and the ability to give negative rep (normal members can only give poistive. That way you help decide who gets enhanced and who does not). Very cool.

#10 ·
Lord Yossanrion said:
It means ou can have a personal user title, acess to the enhanced forum (Lots of taboo subjects ---> Religion, Homosexuality, etc.) , and the ability to give negative rep (normal members can only give poistive. That way you help decide who gets enhanced and who does not). Very cool.
That was a little joke on my part. I just couldn't believe it at first Like I said before, I have a hard time taking compliments at face value.

Isn't this normally granted to those with more seniority than I? I am a little confused on this.

#11 ·
Archetype said:
That was a little joke on my part. I just couldn't believe it at first Like I said before, I have a hard time taking compliments at face value.

Isn't this normally granted to those with more seniority than I? I am a little confused on this.
Hmm.

Well, it takes a certain amount of reputation, and posts, I believe ... or maybe it was reputation, and days joined at the forum.

Did you have it when you first came back? I added some +rep to you, as you probably know, that may have booted you up to Enhanced status.

And believe me; nobody fits better in the Enhanced group than you. ;) We're glad to have you.

#12 ·
Lost Nemesis said:
Hmm.

Well, it takes a certain amount of reputation, and posts, I believe ... or maybe it was reputation, and days joined at the forum.

Did you have it when you first came back? I added some +rep to you, as you probably know, that may have booted you up to Enhanced status.

And believe me; nobody fits better in the Enhanced group than you. ;) We're glad to have you.
Aun gave me some rep too, but that shouldn't matter. My one-year anniversery hasn't come up yet, and i'm still 150 short if I'm not mistaken.

#15 ·
Lord Yossanrion said:
I think he is refering to the fact that it used to be 250+ rep to get in to Enhanced.

Its now only 100, so "you're in!" :D
Ah, now it is clear to me. I guess I have some thanks to hand out. Lost Nemesis and Hard Aun, I thank you both for the rep boost that have brought me to this point.

But such warm welcomes should not go unrewarded. <breaks out his old wand of bestow reputation

Victorus aut mortis,
-Archetype

#16 ·
Heyla Archetype, and welcome back! As Hard Aun said, we’ve been wondering about your absence in #warhammerfun. Good to see you’re back to join in the fray seemingly no worse for wear after your hiatus. ;) Also, I do believe your new Enhanced status is well-deserved and will be looking forward to seeing you in the Enhanced forum for a bit of honest debating. ^_^

~Greph.

Reactions: Archetype-
#17 ·
Grephaun said:
Heyla Archetype, and welcome back! As Hard Aun said, we’ve been wondering about your absence in #warhammerfun. Good to see you’re back to join in the fray seemingly no worse for wear after your hiatus. ;) Also, I do believe your new Enhanced status is well-deserved and will be looking forward to seeing you in the Enhanced forum for a bit of honest debating. ^_^

~Greph.
Indeed, because a few thought I was dead. It looks like a good bunch in the enhanced forum, but I'm still a little intimidated. Those are some pretty touchy issues, and I don't want to walk into a minefield. I suppose it's best to take it slow and build up a bit.

Victorus aut mortis,
-Archetype

#18 ·
Archetype said:
It looks like a good bunch in the enhanced forum, but I'm still a little intimidated. Those are some pretty touchy issues, and I don't want to walk into a minefield. I suppose it's best to take it slow and build up a bit.
Ah, no worries. No one says you must join the fray right away, though new members and new opinions are always very welcome. In case you want to start out nice and easy, you can always reply to the ’The ‘get to know you’ thread’ first and let everyone know you’ve joined the fun before actually doing so. ;) Plus, it'll also give you a chance to find out who the other Enhanced members actually are and introduce yourself. ^_^

~Greph.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.