Newbie Advise - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Newbie Advise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I welcome you to the wonderful and addictive game of Warhammer 40k you will spend many hours when you are supposed to be working on other things thinking about "40k". All armies are good they just have different fighting styles. Space Marines are probably the best starter army, they are easy and do every thing. I recomend before buying any models you buy the Codex of the army then make your army on paper, this will save you lots of cash. Painting tips, dont buy any more models until the ones you have are painted. Once you have your army weather it be space marines or not you will want to play here are some in game tatics....

Tips:

-Never expect anything to survive, never plan a battle around a single unit.

-Take advantage of the Monstrous Creature and Instant kill rules.

-Never rely on any single tactic. Be prepared to abandon any plan at any time, have backups ready.

-Only complete the mission objective if it is convenient. Instead, concentrate on playing the theme of the army by killing as much as possible in the shortest amount of time.

-Infiltration rules are your friend.

-It only takes one Genestealer to kill five Terminators. Your opponent knows this, use your opponent’s fear of your army to your advantage.

-Cover is your friend.

-Remember: Tryanids are faster through difficult terrain than they are in the open.

-"Everything counts in large amounts."

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato

"Even the bravest cannot fight past their strenght." -Homer

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great tips!
    you seem to have some tyranid-phobia...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Vulture@Apr 27 2003, 16:23
    -Never expect anything to survive,
    Very true. especially for new players. Take on the persona of the manic-beserker commander when playing games. be reckless and show no fear or weakness even in overwhelming defeat. Its more fun that way and it is a GREAT learning experience. Before you knoe it your manic crazed tactics start paying off and everyone looks at you like your crazy until you rip them a new one...

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Originally posted by Vulture@Apr 27 2003, 22:23
    -Remember: Tryanids are faster through difficult terrain than they are in the open.
    That's not correct. They're in average faster in difficult terrain than other troops, but not faster than in open terrain.

I'm sorry for being a smart alec

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats what i was thinking, they must be faster in open terrain... :blink:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he means faster as in not having the front lines blown to bits and making a backtrack sorta.... I guess....

Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always learn from your defeats, find out what went wrong, and try to think of what to do the next time. Every army has it's strengths and it's weakness, defend against it's strenghts and exploit the weaknesses..

Above all have fun it's just a game...

Closed Thread