Hello! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello!

Hello everyone!
    I build plastic models of all types. Most of the models I build are of aircraft until I went into a local store that sells comics. I saw all those wonderful Warhammer armor kits. So, I puchased one. Then I saw all the miniature figures and the buying and buying and so on began. I have not played the game except for the PC version. At first I was just going to custom build my models for display, but began to think that maybe one day I would play the table/miniature version. So I want them to be correct.
    Soon I will have enough to make maybe 2 or 3 10 man squads. I want to build them to be able to play but I don't have any game books to properly equip my Marines. So any help would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

Hi and welcome to our hobby, whether you model and/or game you are always welcome. Since you want to get into gaming I have a few suggestions on what you need to get.

The essentials: A Warhammer 40k rulebook, this come in the battle for maccrage with every thing you need to get started; rules, dice, templates, etc. Plus it come with a ten man unit of marines and some tyranids. Secon you'll need a Space Marine Codex if you are going to play marines, this includes all the special rules and point costs. Last youl need an HQ, once you get the Space marine codex read through and pick the one you like the most. There are three choices: A captain (All around fighter w/leadership bonuses), a chaplain (An expert in close combat), and a librarian (A power psyker with awsome ranged and close combat attacks). Then all you need is to find an opponent to play!

After you get a few games in and get a feel for the game you can start to upgrade your army w/tanks, bikes, and specialized squads.

If you need any help feel free to post your question in the correct forum and our friendly online community will give you our advice. Thank you for joining and I hope you enjoy the hobby. :yes:
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the welcome.
    My purchases have centered around the Black Templar theme. I have the codex to get me familiar with them.
    A while back I got the Space Marine Assault "An Introduction To Tabletop Battle Games". It was not very expensive. The Marines are an upright nearly complete figure. While they look ok, they are not what I want. Are the "battle for maccrage" set of the same type Marines in the Intro set?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

116 (x5)

Are you going to play black templars? They are my first and favorite army, did u get the SM codex or the Templar one? As for the models, I do not know if they are the same, here is the link and you can check to make sure.
    http://macragge.us.games-workshop.co...on/default.htm
    They are three piece minis.

If you have any other questions about marine or templars let me know, i'll be glad to help.:yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the Black Templar Codex. From the link you posted the Macragge figures look good. I may purchase it sometime this week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

116 (x5)

Do you have any idea for an hq unit besides the emperors champion? Also, are you going to convert your champion or get the GW one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not thought much about the HQ except for the Emperors Champion. I have a metal Veteran Sergeant that looks a great deal like one.
    I believe that there is a box set for a HQ or do you have a inexpensive/creative soulution?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

116 (x5)

My firs hQ's were unaltered and from blisters, but as I got more experienced and enjoyed modeling more i started to build the rest from scratch. If you have some left over marines I would suggest you take one and convert it into a captain. There is a boxed set also that allows you to create a commander, and is a great buy as it comes with a lot of extra bitz you can use throughout your army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Helbrecht
    My firs hQ's were unaltered and from blisters, but as I got more experienced and enjoyed modeling more i started to build the rest from scratch. If you have some left over marines I would suggest you take one and convert it into a captain. There is a boxed set also that allows you to create a commander, and is a great buy as it comes with a lot of extra bitz you can use throughout your army.
    Which box set are you referring to that allows me to create a commander?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

116 (x5)

Here is the link
    http://store.us.games-workshop.com/s...996&GameNav=10
    I would also suggest the BT upgrade box set
    http://store.us.games-workshop.com/s...124&GameNav=10
    This way you can upgrade you squads, vehicles, and commander!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast