Newbsmhelpme - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Newbsmhelpme

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just started Warhammer 40k and have decided to use the SM because I think that they are the easiest to start with.

I bought the paint set and got these cheapo marines, 2 with bolters, 2 with flamers, and one rocket launcher. They came in only three pieces and were were not customizeable at all.

I recently bought a tactical squad and put them all together. They are way more advanced and customizable.

I am wondering if those first five guys I got are legal and what kind of troops they are. They were just called Space Marines on the box. Their guns were totally different and a little smaller. I want to know if I can use them in a battle and what kind of point values they have etc.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did the box have "games workshop" or "citadel miniatures" on it anywhere? If so they are PERFECTLY legal, and you would use them as you would any other space marine (probably part of a tac squad.

Were the first ones plastic pewter or a box set? I mean you can use them but you still have to follow the rules (only 1 flamer per tactical squad).

My guess is that you ran accross some OLD Space marine guys. were they plastic in a static pose and the 3 parts consist of backpack, weapon, and main body/torso/legs/head? Those are almost collectables (even if they do suck as models go)

Oh wait, did they come with the paint set? Was it a citadel paint set?

any way odds are they are perfectly legal, just silly looking. I say, use them anyway, you'll impress veteran gamers with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yah, they came with the citadel paint set, and they had the guy, backpack, and weapon. The feet fit into the stand with a slot like the metal guys and they are a little smaller than my tac squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, they are perfectly legal, if butt ugly, and you should use them if for no other reason then because you have them

Maybe look around on e-bay for more old plastic tac squadies and make a complete old skool squad! Or just use them to practise on and then save them up if you ever do a night fight mission and need some sentries...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so they are the older guys??
    anyone know what the point value or save is
    should i count them as part of a tac squad?
    I'll probably leave them out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by terminatortrevk@May 5 2003, 12:13
    so they are the older guys??
    anyone know what the point value or save is
    should i count them as part of a tac squad?
    I'll probably leave them out
    They work exactly like members of a regular tac squad, they're just different miniatures. You can use them as part of your tac squad or whatever you want. The only thing is that since there are 2 flamers and a missile launcher guy you may have to split them up some because each squad can only have one special and one heavy weapon.
    "Don't Delay-The best is the enemy of the good. By this I mean that a good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week. War is a very simple thing, and the determining characteristics are self-confidence, speed, and audacity. None of these things can ever be perfect, but they can be good."
    -General George S. Patton, Jr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i started out with a box like that too, those SMs are melted into the terrain now...

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Sorry, we may not post any statlines or rules, these are copyrighted by GW. Buy the rulebook and codex space marines, there you can find all information which you need to play with them. If there are any unclear things after you read these two books, then we of course may answer these.

jwu

Closed Thread