Ahoy Hoy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ahoy Hoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahoy Hoy

Hey, BigPenney here,
    Im 18, live in South Australia and have finally decided to sart playing properly (been in the hobby for about seven years but just getting models i liked, not actually playing).
    Right now im trying to decided wether to play space marines, tau or eldar so any help would be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

Wow, you sound exactly like my friend, except for living in australia. He has been in the hobby since he was like 7, played all of those armies you said and will sometimes just decide to buy a model that he wants to paint. Hope you have good luck with your army and fun at this forum.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x1)

As i dont personnaly play any of those armies (Imperial Guard through and through), im probably not qualified to help you choose, but on the space marine note, even though they are massively overplayed these days they do seem to be a very forgiving army for someone who is new to the game.

Tau would be a good choice, as the codex has just come out with a load of neww goodies and models.

Eldar have a new codex (and some brilliant new models) in the works atm, so starting eldar might be allot of fun, although you would have to wait for the new codex, or start using the old one, only for it to get overhauled.

Hope that was of some use!! Hope to see you around!
    Inquistion force WIP. Pics on posts 17 and 23.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well thanx guys for the input but after trying a few small game i have decided on a completely difrent army.
    im going to play tyranids. i have found their playing style more to my liking than the others on my list and as an added bonus everyone ill be playing regulary don't play them.
    thanx again

BigPenney

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x1)

Fair enough, tyranids do indeed look to be pretty cool, and if none of your friends play them then all the better!!

Have fun!
    Inquistion force WIP. Pics on posts 17 and 23.

+ Reply to Thread