US.....ehh? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US.....ehh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

US.....ehh?

Right guys I am off to the states for two and a half weeks on a whirlwind tour of just about all the major tourist sites in North America. Any members in New York, Washington, Philly, Chicago, Las Vegas, Detroit and LA keep your eye out for a fairly bemused looking Irish guy who is more than likely lost. If I get time I will be calling into any GW I find in said cities.

Feel free to point and laugh at my feeble attempt to blend in. I don't know what the interweb situation will be in my many hotels/motels but I will see if I can keep in touch with you LOser's

Keep on truck'n.........

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x2)

Missing out on Minneapolis? =[

Probably trade Detroit for it any day :sleep:

Have fun on your trip. I've never been to some of those cities myself
    Gloria Imperator, The Firstborn Stand!
    - 2000pts Inquisition, 2000pts Vostroyans, 3000pts Vampire Counts, 1400pts Daemons, [WIP] 2500pts Death Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Well I'm back today, expect pics tomorrow. Guys what can I say about your country, its the same as europe in some ways, but very different in others.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    293 (x5)

Welcome back Vinnie, we kept your place warm for you. :yes:

Ryan Dancey, Vice President of Wizards of the Coast, believed that TSR failed because of "...a near total inability to listen to its customers, hear what they were saying, and make changes to make those customers happy." Are you listening, Games Workshop ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome back! Very interested to see the pics! :yes: Especially any of LA, that is very close to home for me.:wacko:
    So there I was...

Buying things after alcohol consumption is a very interesting way to get into the hobby!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

242 (x6)

Thanks for the welcome back guys, the ass groove is lovely and warm Aun, cheers

So without any further ado some holiday snaps

Me, a yellow taxi and the empire state building

Vietnam memorial

Lincolin

Nigaria falls

Me and the Missishippi(sp?)

Me and the Deadlands

Me and Mt Rushmore

Old Faithful

Bryce Canyon

Grand Canyon

Me in Vegas

Hunched Over My Workbench, furiously painting away.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

Woah! you really WERE just about everywhere!

I'm surprised your feet had time to hit the ground.

So.... your thoughts on americans in their native setting?
    Baby, when I'm the voice of reason, we've got problems!
    ~artificer

Someone should stop
    Jervis "let's make it easy enough for a 3 year old to play" Johnson
    before he turns 40k into checkers

~anon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

242 (x6)

Yea, just over 7000km in two weeks! We managed to fit in quite a lot I think.

As for America, I loved it, you guys really have an amazing country, as I said before it is very similar to Europe in many ways, but quite different too.
    Firstly I found the portions of food which you guys serve in restruants a lot larger than what is served in Ireland. Unfortuantly I also found there was quite a lot more heavier people that what you would see in Europe. The cars were bigger as were the trucks, but then again the county is bigger.
    One of the things that I liked the least about America though is the standard in news broadcasting. A lot of the news you get over there seems to be very negative, and in a way very frightening. There was this one guy on CNN Headline news I think, who actually really annoyed me. I think his name was Glenn Beck? He had very strong opinions about what was happening in the world and what was going to happen if America did not "sort out" Iran. But what I particularily did not like about him and his show was that if he had a guest on who disagreed with his point of view or urged caution in matters such as the Iranian issue, Glenn would insult him. This I feel is not a good thing for someone who is supposed to be reporting the news to do, surely they should remain impartial!
    Sorry about that I digress, I fully enjoyed my trip, the country was amazing, everyone we met or talked to was amazingly nice and polite. I realise that I was in the most touristy parts of the country, but I never saw any trouble or felt treatened. I could not praise the country highly enough!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by chemicalcaveman
    One of the things that I liked the least about America though is the standard in news broadcasting.
    Alot of what you talk about doesn't actually sound like "news" to me. In fact, I think you're talking about what we call an editorial. I've always found that editorials are best ignored and should only be watched by people who aren't smart enough to be able to form their own opinion about subject matter.

Real newscasters aren't supposed to have opinions. Their job is to report the news - not comment on their personal feelings about the story. Strangely enough, your average person doesn't watch CNN to get their news - they simply watch their local broadcast station.

In any case, I'm glad you enjoyed our fair nation. She may have her problems, but she grows on you. Come back sometime, and visit the great Northwest. I'll show you around. America isn't all just landmarks and fancy cities, after all.
    Last edited by Caluin; September 8th, 2006 at 18:20.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

242 (x6)

Your right Caluin, I am just after realising that my previous post might be slightly inflammatory, and if anyone takes offence, I apoligise, it was not supposed to be.

Your right about editorials of course Caluin, its just I have never seen a host of one of those shows actually abusing their guests for their opinion before. It sort of shocked me, surely someone can have a different opinion from yours without abusing them.

Where in the Northwest do you live Caluin?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast