Surprisingly, yet another hello... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surprisingly, yet another hello...

Hey!

I'm new on this forum. I've been playing and painting for a few years now, though I've had a break for 2 years. I'm building a little orc and goblin army and I just now finished painting the first model which is a test-model to get the standard down for my rank-and-file troops. I got back to the hobby because I sorted out my old models which I thought to sell the other day. Fingers started itching though, and the urge to paint came up. I'm not a very active player, I like the painting/converting part better. I paint one model at a time mostly, sometimes max 3. And when I'm fed up with painting one type of model I just go out and buy something different just to paint another paintscheme now and then. I'm in no hurry and basically paint just what I want to paint, not what I need in an army. It'll therefor be no surprise to you that in about 8 years I never ever finished painting a single army out of many, haha!

Cheers!

CatchDude

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    293 (x5)

Sheesh, that sounds like my own approach. I like the conversion/painting aspect best I admit, and have several armies underway primarily so I don't get cheesed off just painting Slaanesh or Ogres or Tau or Blood Angels - I can always choose another to paint when I get bored.

Anyway, welcome to the old LO corral - read the rules, treat people as you would like to be treated, you know the drill. Have fun now :yes:

Aun.

Ryan Dancey, Vice President of Wizards of the Coast, believed that TSR failed because of "...a near total inability to listen to its customers, hear what they were saying, and make changes to make those customers happy." Are you listening, Games Workshop ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks man!

Yeah, I have basically the same approach. Doing greenskins, some DIY chapter space marines, some deathguard and the occasional 'I bought it because I think I'll like to paint it' in-between model. Always the same color/models tends to get my motivation down...

+ Reply to Thread