Help With Chaos Army List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey all, I just started playing 40k about 2 months ago and i love it. My friend suggested i buy chaos. So i bought a codex 2 boxed sets of chaos marines and a chaos lord. Lateri added 2 raptors and 2 terminators that i used a conversion on. Also i bought an icon bearer and chao marine with multi melta sepparatly and fabius bile(actually my friend bought it for me).Im trying for my army to be black legion since i heard they were so versatile and i wanted mobility also. Any suggested on what unit to buy next so i can have an effective army?

Thnx,

Legionaire

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x4)

Black legion? Ok....

Anyway. You want mobility? think about getting a Rhino, so you can get your marines to grips with the enemy fast. A couple of bikes can also do the trick, giving you powerful flanking units. I would also suggest you have some heavy firepower available, a missile launcher or a lascannon (or my favorite PLASMA!&#33.
    Parking your Hvy weapon squad with a clear view can scare your opponent from a particular route or terrain piece. And if nothing else they are very powerful and kewl.
    Remember you have to have atleast 5 termies and 5 raptors to use them as a seperate squad (but you can have 4 termies as a bodyguard for your lord)

These two squads of marines you bought. How did you kit them out, with bolters or close combat weapons and pistols?

Since you have the codex i would read about all the legions, and see what they can do. I'm not saying the black legion isn't good (cuz it is). But just think about it...ok? If you want mobility i can highly recommend Night Lords, but maybe thats just because i play them :þ.

Anyway, i hope this helps atleast a bit. Any more questions?

So speaks the Thrice damned Lord of The Darknight, The Whisper in the dark, and Champion of Chaos Undivided: Rior Von Koln (PrOtOcoN)

Your fluffraping hurts my eyes. - TehDarkPredator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

If you like mobility, you could also check the Night Lords, though they're not as versatile they have kick-ass fluff, and tend to be quite mobile. The first thing I'd buy is at least 3 more Raptors, so you have a complete squad. The 2 Terminators can be included in a unit of Chosen, as not every Chosen in a unit has to have Terminator armour. I have one little question though: by Chaos marine with multi-melta, do you mean a SM with MM or a CSM with meltagun? Because Chaos doesn't get multi-meltas normally, only Dreadnoughts can have one.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all the for the input, it was very helpful. If I am going to play night lords is it ok if i have 2 squads of troops(9 each squad). One squad is close combat and the other is bolters and heavy bolter. Then i buy a box set of Night Lords , would that be alright? Also bought a space marine with a multi melta and put chaos sprues on him would that be ok? Also would Night Lords bear the mark of undivided? Thanks again&#33;

Legionaire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Sounds good, get a rhino for the close combat squad to get them close to the enemy fast, and throw in a flamer/meltagun or 2 to give them some punch before charging in. You can give any NL unit the mark of Chaos Undivided if you desire, it&#39;s pretty useful. But again, you can not use the multi-melta wielding guy&#33; CSM aren&#39;t allowed to carry multimeltas around, only dreads can use it, so this model is essentially useless.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info

Legionaire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x4)

One last note:

If you really like the multi-melta wielding model then i suggest you keep it.
    You cant use it in normal games but ask your opponents permission and maybe he&#39;ll let you use it. But never be afraid of making sometihng weird, as long as your opponent knows of it and approves it should be alright to use it (also its great fun modelling weird models).

Your fluffraping hurts my eyes. - TehDarkPredator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would add more rhinos and regular chaos space marines.

You can never have too many troops....unless you have seven...thats too many for the force org chart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea i was thinking of starting night lord but i am now going to start nurgle, what i like about NL is the raptors and the added cover save, nice addition

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

same i also like that

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast