Greetings from Miami, Florida - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x1)

Greetings from Miami, Florida

Although I've already posted a few items here on Librarium Online, I thought I'd introduce myself. As my user name indicates, my name is Rudy Picardo. I've only been playing 40k for about 15 months (at the time of this post). I live in Miami, Florida where we're struggling to find ways to increase our membership. Thankfully we have a local store here to play. I help moderate (not rules lawyer) games and try to teach new members.

Anyway, I thought I'd share several videos which many of you might be interested in

1) My 40k Cinematic Vignette.
    Warhammer 40k Cinematic Vignette

My first passion/hobby is filmmaking. IF any of you know about Medusa V, it was a 40k campaign that was held last summer. Anyway, they made a few trailers, which inspired me to do something with my models. Don't consider these videos as finished pieces, more storyboards for future planning. I planned on filming the viginette sometime in the summer, but I'm not sure.

The premise of the videos: A secret Tyranid attack on an IMperial Guard outpost, and the impending rescue by Space Marines

2) My mock Tyranid Production Diary
    http://www.rudypicardo.com/video/WH4...ionDiary01.mov
    I made this about a year ago, around the same time I made the previous video. Its a quick 2 minute mock documentary, taking the point of view of my Tyranid units. Its comical but there is bad language, like Episode Alpha (see below), so make sure you're not blasting this at work.

3) Alpha Phi Alpha - Reloaded
    FXhome.com :: Cinema :: Movie Info :: Alpha Phi Alpha - Reloaded ::

A quick 5 minute video I made for a Black Fraternity before their step show. This is hosted by a company called FXHome, who makes a program that makes some really cool special effects. Its 5 minutes, but there will probably be some references that you don't understand. But you'll enjoy my hommage to "The Matrix" and the movie "Equilibrium". This was a proof of concept video that I used for my last piece.

4) My Star Wars Hommage - Episode Alpha
    Relentless Media - Episode Alpha (Progeny Cut)
    This was an old project that I made when I was a grad student. I was learning a lot of programs and techniques about filmmaking including some 3D work (which looks crappy), green screen compositing (which looks crappy), and light saber rotoscoping (which isn't bad). Anyway, its 20 minutes, so I suggest downloading the trailer before you decide to download the entire thing. Also there is some violent scenes and bad language, so consider it a video for mature audiences due to stylized violence and adult language.

Rudy Wilfred Picardo
    Tyranid Player
    Current Record (W/L/D) 143/112/60
    Recent Battle - 1500 pt draw vs. IG player (mission: Seek And Destroy)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Rudy, WELCOME TO LO!
    First, please take a second to familiarize yourself with LO's rules above under the quicklinks menu bar.

Unfortunately I can't see any of the videos that you posted for our enjoyment, but I'll see if I can't remember to do so at a later time when I'm not on a computer that prohibits it.

Looking forward t seeing you around the pages!
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by theyak View Post
    First, please take a second to familiarize yourself with LO's rules above under the quicklinks menu bar.
    I wanted to let you know that I've read the forum rules. I'm a member of other forums and it appears the general rules are similar if not exactly the same. As such, please take this post as my official understanding of the rules. I don't expect to break any of the rules, but I know that sometimes I'll bend some of them (i.e. mistakenly posting in the wrong section of the forum). I avoid all the major violations of forums (i.e. posting copyrighting material, flamming, trolling, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by theyak View Post
    Unfortunately I can't see any of the videos that you posted for our enjoyment, but I'll see if I can't remember to do so at a later time when I'm not on a computer that prohibits it.
    I can assure you administrator theyak that these are not illegal nor inappropriate films in anyway. Most of them are Quicktime videos. I've done my best to explain if there is any foul language in any of the videos. Other than that, the videos are just fun amateur videos that I made - most of them while I was still in college.
    Rudy Wilfred Picardo
    Tyranid Player
    Current Record (W/L/D) 143/112/60
    Recent Battle - 1500 pt draw vs. IG player (mission: Seek And Destroy)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

No worries, Rudy, the "read the rules" thing is just a part of my standard "howdy to LO" package.

Saw some of your other work in the forum already, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of it!

Glad to have you aboard!
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

+ Reply to Thread