Might as well say hello - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might as well say hello

Greetings,

I am Illiastre and I have chanced upon you url via a popular search engine I use daily. What I typed inside the search bar I shalt not disclose to you but I am thankful that I found myself here as I pen my greetings and words to all of thee.

I thank the admins and moderators for thy welcome, though they are automatic to all they leave the impression in one's psyche that thou art very much special.

My agenda here is warhammer 40,000. I have known about the tabletop game during the early 90's and though at that time I wanted to play and paint the figures, being young has a pitfall of not having increased monetary resource. And lo and behold several years later GW has licensed relic/THQ and released several video games of their much acclaimed "W40k" brand and has once again sparked my interest in collecting my own army. When I say collect, I mean it, for in this accursed country of corruption of mine I know no one that owns an army. Mainly because the roster of items and components on sale is limited and may dishearten prospective players. The problem is how to acquire several items needed when the stock on sale is limited. My problem anyway.Sad... so sad.

But before I purchase anything to my leisure and to the pain of my wallet, I am need of help from the the wise librarians, sorcerers, etherials or whatever affiliation you may deem yourself to belong to advise me on my army list I have yet to post. My list shall follow after I have studied the armies of the emperium as well as their enemies.

This is Illiastre and once I again I give my greetings to all.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Illiastre View Post
    Greetings,

I am Illiastre and I have chanced upon you url via a popular search engine I use daily. What I typed inside the search bar I shalt not disclose to you but I am thankful that I found myself here as I pen my greetings and words to all of thee.

I thank the admins and moderators for thy welcome, though they are automatic to all they leave the impression in one's psyche that thou art very much special.

My agenda here is warhammer 40,000. I have known about the tabletop game during the early 90's and though at that time I wanted to play and paint the figures, being young has a pitfall of not having increased monetary resource. And lo and behold several years later GW has licensed relic/THQ and released several video games of their much acclaimed "W40k" brand and has once again sparked my interest in collecting my own army. When I say collect, I mean it, for in this accursed country of corruption of mine I know no one that owns an army. Mainly because the roster of items and components on sale is limited and may dishearten prospective players. The problem is how to acquire several items needed when the stock on sale is limited. My problem anyway.Sad... so sad.

But before I purchase anything to my leisure and to the pain of my wallet, I am need of help from the the wise librarians, sorcerers, etherials or whatever affiliation you may deem yourself to belong to advise me on my army list I have yet to post. My list shall follow after I have studied the armies of the emperium as well as their enemies.

This is Illiastre and once I again I give my greetings to all.
    Glad to see you found LO, I guess you have good luck if you found it by chance. I understand what you mean by collect. I do the very same. I don't really know anyone who plays so I just paint up the figures. If you are going to collect, i suggest instead of making an armylist, just buy whatever you think is cool for your army and paint it up. Later, when you have amast a collection, then you can use what you have to make a list, even if you can't use everything at once. is what i did. at this point I have over 200 marines, and like 20 vehicals and 8 hq's. Fun stuff. well good luck collecting.
    That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Greetings Illiastre, and WELCOME to LO!

Please take a second to familiarize yourself with the rules of our wonderful page(found above under the quick links pulldown menu) if you haven't done so already.

Whatever advice on the hobby you see, I'm sure one of the many great vets will be able to point you in a good direction for what you desire.

Hope to see you around the boards!
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

+ Reply to Thread