Librarium Online Forums banner

If it were real, who would you be?

7K views 83 replies 59 participants last post by  Acarna 
#1 ·
This is a question I've often heard asked in friend circles. Mostly around DnD Games but also Warhammer Fantasy. And it's a simple question, but if it were real, what race would you like to belong to? What civilization would you join?

For instance, I've always liked Elves, they're possibly the most popular race, and have been made even more so to the common people thanks to Orlando Bloom's portrayal of Legolas. But truthfully, I'd really rather be a dwarf. My family is quite loose and fragmented, and knowing that Dwarven Clans are tightly knit, with their whole 'shoulder-to-shoulder, dwarf-to-dwarf' philosophy keeping them together - it sounds like an awesome group to be part of.

Then the lifestyle isn't bad at all, you drink your ale, you fight your heart out, you get to have a great big beard and weild awesome weapons. I'd personally be a dwarf. How about you?

#3 ·
Hmm.. tough question. If we were allowed to change race significantly then i think id like to be a beastman lol. If not... i think it would be dwarf for me. As you say, good lifestyle :) (Probably a Slayer... but by choice, not through being an emo-dwarf :p)

#5 ·
Think I would have to be a vampire. Yea I'm kinda dead but I get to have a bunch of minions follow me around.

#6 ·
this is a bad psych profile and you know it...

This one's so easy... wait.... so not fair, I can only pick 1?

Vampire- I love the idea. Being dead is kind of a buzzkill, but it's a technicality only. They are gifted with unnatural power, that is NOT reliant upon their physical form, they are graceful and seductive, and immortal creatures with unsurpassed knowledge, and they- like me- view mankind as little more than a rung on the ladder to superiority. What's not to love?

Dark Elf- I'd love to be one of their assassins. I fit the elf stereotype of the lightly built, lithely muscled guy. I enjoy fencing of all varieties, so I'd be good with their blades. I couldn't be a good elf though, because I'm no where near tranquil enough. If I were in a battle, I'd want to get into the thick of it and start laying people flat.
which brings us to our next choice

Chaos Warrior- still human (mostly) but blessed by my gods for greatness, and my anger issues, masochism, and desire for bloodshed are actually GOOD traits! Full plate on the base model? Pack of roaring blade-flailing-killing-machines beside me all the way? Where do I sign up?!

#7 ·
Not that mine is much better...

Although I've never really thought about it before... if I could pick anything, I'd probably go for a Wood Elf.

I like the out-doors. I think I'd quite enjoy living in a woodland area; climbing trees, playing with the animals, killing filthy beastmen and enslaving humans...

Alright, probably not so hot on the last bit, but anyway...

Possibly, though, I may be a Chaos Warrior or a Vampire, primarily for the easy route to power and mad skills. Probably a Vampire would be more suitable - I'd probably just hide in my tower, guarded by my undead minions, and experiment or research and just generally keep to myself.

#8 ·
I would probably want to be a Favored Beastmen Leader(gor, not an ungor), under some certain god. I'd like to be a bit of the savage type and roam around looting and pillaging, but not like the orcs and goblins, but rather, in a more brutal manner. I like the idea of tribal life in Warhammer.

Hm, maybe being a dwarf for the lifestyle and the great :beer:.

#9 ·
I'd probably be some hauty High Elf living the good life on Ulthuan, maybe a Swordmaster, or a mage. Or maybe a beastman, ideally a Bray Shaman or higher ranking on the food chain, pillaging and plundering, only to retreat back to the dark forests of the Old World.

#11 ·
I would have to choose magic user of some kind. I have always loved the power and freedom associated with wizards. Demon Prince of Tzeentch would be pretty good except for what you have waiting for you when you finally die. So, I would have to go with Slann. You get to sit in your levitating chair, in your temple, getting waited on hand and foot. You can play telepathic Warhammer with your Slann buddies for decades, and once in a while you go out in the world and assert your dominance by laying waste to other pitiful armies with your powerful magic. Then you get to go back to your temple and relax again. What's not to love?

In all honesty however, I would probably end up as an Empire or Bretonnian peasant. I have no martial skills to speak of and probably lack the discipline and focus to take on magic. But, dare to dream I guess.

#12 ·
Mm magic is indeed one thing to consider. A while ago someone said I was a bit of a shut-in, and would have made a great wizard of sorts of I lived in a Fantasy-styled medieval era. I think because I'm a confident guy who likes learning I would also be inclined (should the dwarves not want me) to becoming a mage. In which case, I'd go High Elf, hands down. Maybe study in the gleaming tower of Hoeth.

#13 ·
I would definitely want to be a vampire. Mainly because unless killed by someone, which can be very difficult, they will never die. They are extremely powerful and can have an entire army completely devoted to your every whim. And the mere presence of me would fear into my enemy. Then again it would suck to be hated by every other race including other vampires.

#14 ·
Aha, I didnt even think about Slann, they're more magically adept than high elves, and the floating chair is nothing to forget about! SLANN I CHOOSE YOU *randomly turns into a giant toad*

Reactions: Nagash
#15 ·
What I Wish I Would Be
Lord Madskillz

Ancient vampire daemon angel who completely owns everybody with his sword of coldfire and who gets all the barmaids he wants because he's just so cool.

What I Would Be
Dungus the Peasant

Ordinary peasant who toils all day with little pay and no rest until some day an army of (insert your army here) comes by and destroys him utterly.

Reactions: Zema
#21 ·
Well if I had no choice and had to go with what my current abilities were... and again aiming low - I'd be a Blacksmith. Somehow I think I could make a good living out of it. Live in like a small village in the Empire or something, or if it was in Ulthuan, a small village in Ulthuan and just work my butt off making weapons, tools, and anything else a Smith might be commissioned to make. Maybe I'd try out some of my weapons in the process, become a descent fighter, but not enough to join any army.

#23 ·
Hmmm, I'd WANT to be an Empire Inner Circle Knight. I Andy McEvoy and my trusty steed, Alan (Oh yeah he's a rabbit), and a large lance that's rainbow coloured.

Although I'd probably end up as a Gnoblar, but all of the Ogres would be scared of me, because I'm the one that bites. :D :beer:

#24 ·
To answer this thread a tad bit more seriously (;)) I thik I can give two answers.

1) Knowing myself I would probably be a state troop, or a minor bureaucrat. Most likely the latter.

2) Given where I was born and where I've lived, I would be a Dark Elf Shade (I live in the Western US)

#26 ·
Well since we are trying to be more realistic, I think I would try training in one of the wizard colleges. Bright College as I am kinda a pyro. However, since I do want to be a vampire that might lead me to be a necromancer.

#31 ·
I would be a Chaos Dwarf, because I like Chaos and I'm short, so I like the idea of being a crazy beard that goes around making impossibly huge warmachines to blow things up. And I'd get a totally awesome hat.

#32 ·
Beastigor

I'd totally be a Beastigor. Hands down, just fighting with ferocity, and living in a herd. Enjoying the closeness of the herd, yet the coldness of it. If one of us Fall we just get more angry and keep on killing and of course Never retreat! For Slaanesh!

Or I'd have to Say Ogre, but I'd be a total Dog of War. Fight for the Highest bidder and party with them all!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.