Other Gandalf vs Vader - Page 6 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who would win in battle?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vader

37 52.86%
  • Gandalf

33 47.14%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Visitor Q View Post
    Vader certainly has an aura of badassness around him but when all is said and done what stuff has he actually killed?......

Gandalf killed a Balrog could Vader?
    I see a bumbersticker come from this. its just like WWJD?

-HONORABLE MENTIONS IN BLITZKRIEG PAINTING COMP-
    "THAT I.G. GUY WITH THAT OVERDEVELOPED TRIGGER FINGER"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Master of secret stuff HappyJim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    336 (x8)

Vader hands down, force lev Gandulfs stick and game over

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's a fashion/"How cool do I look?" duel, Darth Vader wins with little effort.

In a combat scenario however, Gandalf would beat Vader. He is older, has more combat experience and has fought the darkests things in his univerese. "Just a Balrog" was not just a Balrog. Balrogs were ancient terrors that even predated Sauron [contemporary to Shelob], their power was rivaled only by dragons and they served Morgoth [Sauron was just Morgoth's lackey and see how much everyone feared HIM]

After Episode III came out [becoming Star Wars canon], Darth Vader's cowning achievement was to slaughter younglings. When confronted by a fully trained Jedi [Obi-Wan] he ended up in life support.

The force choke has some merit, but Gandalf can easily hurl a fireball at Vader and make him loose concentration like Luke did [when he pointed a steaming pipe/hose (not sure if it was hot or cold steam) at Vader, that was enough for him to back off (See their duel at Bespin for reference)]

Before episodes I, II and III, Vader's line of "The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of The Force." had a mystic weight to it, enhanced by his frightful apearance. Now, in my humble opinion, it's jus hot words form a whinny killer of children.
    In nomeni Telum, et Flamma, Fervefacio. Ave Imperator!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    336 (x8)

To be fait it was hardly like he had a whole lot of jedi to even fight after ep3, hence the jedi purge, sorry mate vader wins hands down, he has a death star, gandalf dosnt have a x-wing so he can just blow up the planet gandulf is on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJim View Post
    To be fait it was hardly like he had a whole lot of jedi to even fight after ep3, hence the jedi purge, sorry mate vader wins hands down, he has a death star, gandalf dosnt have a x-wing so he can just blow up the planet gandulf is on.
    Heh, I'm truly sorry; I thought the fight was "Vader vs Gandalf" as in one-on-one, my mistake. You're right. Short of Galactus [or a well placed, Force-guided X-Wing], the Death Star beats everything.
    In nomeni Telum, et Flamma, Fervefacio. Ave Imperator!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

"Short of Galactus [or a well placed, Force-guided X-Wing], the Death Star beats everything."

Not Chuck Norris... Nothing beats Chuck

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

336 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor_Win View Post
    Heh, I'm truly sorry; I thought the fight was "Vader vs Gandalf" as in one-on-one, my mistake. You're right. Short of Galactus [or a well placed, Force-guided X-Wing], the Death Star beats everything.
    Well vader is part of the empire, he had his crib on the deathstar for abit so i dont see why he cant use that :p

Quote Originally Posted by lewbot1 View Post
    Not Chuck Norris... Nothing beats Chuck
    what about the karate kid? he just has to do his crane pose, nothing can stand against it!