Other Gandalf vs Vader - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who would win in battle?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vader

37 52.86%
  • Gandalf

33 47.14%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gandalf vs Vader

Simple, Gandalf vs Vader, who would win. I know who I would vote for and why but I want to see what other people say.

Burnanation's Recruitment Link
    Baby boys are like free bulldozer rental tickets. You have no idea what you're going to do with them but you know they are awesome!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    367 (x5)

As a Maiar, Gandalf is essentially a lesser god. Vader would be sure to piss him off with some sort of force choke hold, and Gandalf would unleash his full power on him overloading his cybernetics, if not vaporizing him outright.
    (WH40K) Dark Eldar - (12,000pts) Sisters of Battle - (5000pts) Dark Angels -(3500pts) (WHFB) Dark Elves - (10,000pts) Beastmen - (5000pts) Empire - (3000pts) Wood Elves - (1500pts)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vader with both magic and tech would win. Any of Gandalf's magic could be absorbed by Vader's saber.
    We stand at the gates of sacrifice ever ready to go through.What do we want? To die only once our goal is complete! What do we ask? That we may only serve!Who are you?We are the Last Remnants,the unfettered soldiers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Vader
    The power to destroy a planet is nothing compared to the power of the force.
    I vote for that guy.
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

Vader all the way... first of all he would chop off Gandalf's hand THEN tell him what he did with his mother...

its just complete pwnage

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

I vote for vader merely cause he is awsome looking and has a great and bitter story behind him thus i like him better.If he could meet gandalf the pink,erhm white he would have been pawned.
    Praise be to the Emperor!!

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Gandalf.

First of all his magic is stronger, he can destroy what ever Vader is standing on for starters.

Secondly he can back to life if his mission requires it.

If I remember correctly him coming back as Gandalf the white wasn't a one shot deal. in theory he could keep coming back if necessary.

Essentially you are dealing with an agent of God vs a powerful human.

Assuming God exists (which in this scenario we have to otherwise Gandalf is pointless) then Gandalf wins.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Really, all this boils down to is if you prefer Star Wars to LOTR............

.........Go Vader!
    For get your Mr T, John Mayer leaks pure awesomeness with every note he plays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off.

Is darth vader really a human...

I'd say no. He's an alien.

Second of all, darth vader died due to the strongest force in the world, while gandalf just got pawned by a balrog. And vader has the power (force) to live on as a ghost. Truly immortal. And that's pretty standard for jedis. To make a long story sgort. Gandalf would stand with a melted sword, without hands, or head, with about 7 20 tons boulders on hs head. And if he came back, hew would lie there again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by visseking View Post
    First off.

Is darth vader really a human...

I'd say no. He's an alien.

Second of all, darth vader died due to the strongest force in the world, while gandalf just got pawned by a balrog. And vader has the power (force) to live on as a ghost. Truly immortal. And that's pretty standard for jedis. To make a long story sgort. Gandalf would stand with a melted sword, without hands, or head, with about 7 20 tons boulders on hs head. And if he came back, hew would lie there again.
    What do you mean Vader is an alien? He's a human who happend to need bionic life support because of horrific injuries.

But you're forgetting that Gandalf (or Olórin to use his proper name) is truly immortal, not in the way that Vader sort of is. Gandalf is a Maia, who are the lesser of the Ainur, who are immortal spirits who entered Valinor at the beginning of time, and are essentially representitives of Eru Ilúvatar on earth.

[/Tolkien nerd]
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group