Why I don't browse LO as much as before... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Why I don't browse LO as much as before...

Once I was one of the most active users here on LO, spending hours here every day and posting tons of messages. Now I hardly visit once a week. Why? How did my activity drop like that? Well, for all the greatness of LO and the grandness of its' member base, the site is just so. God. Damn. Slow!
    Seriously, I mostly browse it while in school and I have a great internet connection there (100 in/100 out), still an average topic takes more than 20 seconds to load! It hasn't always been like that, but nowdays each and every thing I click on takes ages to load.
    Research shows that the average user loses intrest after 10 seconds, and 30 is just over the top. It makes me stick to other sites (SWC, PP boards) that loads faster and is also a nice site. But I don't want to give up LO. I'm starting my third year here now and it has been a great time.

I don't know if this can be fixed, but I'll try to stick to LO since I don't want to loose all the great people I've met here and actually had the oppurtunity to meet in real life.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x1)

sadly I agree with yo camel.

I had like 80 posts in 2 days, and loved hanging around here.
    I too have noticed the speed drop, that and i miss chat. BRING BACK TEH CHAT

anyway, i am sticking to LO because of the great people, i love you all here, but if this is an issue that can be fixed, please do (i run 600in/500out)
    Wash: This landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
    Mal: Define "interesting".
    Wash: [deadpan] Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die?

AKM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

I agree. The speed has been an issue lately. New servers?

I still spend a lot of time here, as well as on the forum of my hobby store, as I like the general atmosphere, and I CAN access it from work. I'm also a big fan of The Waaagh, but my firewall blocks it
    "Politics is the womb in which war develops"
    Clausewitz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to agree, it as one of the slower sites and the page is still loading as I'm typing this. Well, now it's fully loaded. That's my major pet peeve, aside from not too many necromunda players, but that's not my nor LO's problem, and that was kinda off-topic.

Anyway, I miss the chat, and I like browsing fast. I have a T1+ connection in my dorm but the site is still really slow compared to my other frequently visited sites. It can't have to do with the sheer size of the forum 'cause when the Spudtech forums were still around it loaded in the blink of an eye. Now it's just a knowledge base.

That's my change.
    |T|O|O|-|L|A|Z|Y|-my anti-drug

The rep button () is your friend!

Be off-topic and visit www.theopia.com

Space Wolves (500) 6-0-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

I think there's more of a beginner fever. The first little while you're around here you post a lot and then it levels off a bit as you realize someone's already said what you want to say. And then that gradually comes down until you're a lurker.
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by sithjack View Post
    I think there's more of a beginner fever. The first little while you're around here you post a lot and then it levels off a bit as you realize someone's already said what you want to say. And then that gradually comes down until you're a lurker.
    So my beginner fever lasted for two years?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

The fever comes in cycles. Sometimes 2 years, sometimes a month, and some people never seem to lose it. I do admit though, LO can be very slow at times, but I think that there are already several threads about it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

Well usually when you join a forum you get new people repeating what others have said... ok bad joke.:rofl

I miss the chat, and that has killed my LO joy as of lately. The site being slow is something I can deal with for now, but I want to talk to my buddies and find out how their nipples are (Yes. That is weird, but there is no forum topic about nipple status so I must use chat.). Kerinst if you can hear me, mine are doing well! How about yours?
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sithjack View Post
    That is unbelievably true. I swear, half of my posts were done in the first two weeks of joining. Now I go for a month without saying anything (which may be nice for some people ), but I still try to browse just about every day.

The slow connections is quite annoying. When I first get on my compy, I open up LO here, a couple other pages, and if LO isn't done loading before I check the other sites for updates, I just close it again. Only when I'm really desperate do I wait out the horrible loads to read stuff.
    Last edited by Jakester; September 22nd, 2007 at 10:11. Reason: GRAMMARRR!
    I play my 40k with friendly fire.
    Finally fixed the link!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior47 View Post
    The fever comes in cycles. Sometimes 2 years, sometimes a month, and some people never seem to lose it. I do admit though, LO can be very slow at times, but I think that there are already several threads about it.
    That's true, but at the same time, Camel started this thread because of the slow server. That's the entire reason he (along with a number of other members) are disgruntled with L.O.. It really has nothing to do with activity cycles. Most members are perfectly willing to admit that their activity rises and falls in cycles. However, it's a little unfair to assume Camel's lack of activity lately is the product of this kind of cycle, especially when he's made it very clear for the reasons he put up this thread.

And yes, there are a number of these threads. Perhaps this one should have been incorporated into one of those earlier threads.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast