Whats wrong with LO??? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

Whats wrong with LO???

Hello, just a quck question here. What is the matter with this site? I have been trying to log in for the last 2 weeks or so, but every time it tells me that the server is down or something of that sort. Ever since the new add-ons, upgrades and updates started being added to the site which started about a year ago, the server just went to hell and after a week of trying to log in, only one day actualy worked...

Any ideas on what is going on and why it functions so badly?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what happened, but I was affected similarly. The site has been down for a week or so. Maybe less, but enough for me to be worried. I even started asking around on other forums.
    I'm glad it is back up though.
    Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

The last week has been a little frustrating. It seems to be down for a long period of time then back up for a short period of time then down again.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    177 (x2)

It seems something like a Bot- or flood- attack. Stoopid kids requesting billions of page request a second to choke off this part of the internet.

What I see when I try to get on.. is "LO contacted, waiting for reply.... waiting... waiting... ok I give up!"

.. meaning, in my limited networking knowledge, that the website is there, the address was found... but... it is just too busy to send me any packets.

Pretty annoying. Hmm all these moderators commenting, who actually IS the guy that 'owns' the site? Has he given any feedback on whats going on?

FYI: timouts occured: this last entire weekend from friday night to monday morning... was back up briefly monday morning, then off again until apparently 2 hours ago or so.
    Tau

An elementary particle of the lepton family, having a mass about 3,550 times that of the electron, a negative electric charge, and a mean lifetime of 3 x 10-13 seconds in close combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

*closes 2 of the 4 windows up.

The owner is a fellow going under the screen name Blackhat. Unfortunately, he's off in Thailand for a reason unbeknownst to me.

Apparently this site is quite unstable actually and has to frequently be upgraded.

-AFG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unstable is a good word for it, it has happened to me two or three times in the year that ive been on. That is two or three times its been off for a week or more. occasionally I cant get on for a day or so.

Librarium Offline I call it when this happens.
    Total 40k: >5000pts
    total WFB: ~2000pts
    I also enjoy good music, fine food, late night strolls on the beach and dancing in moonkin form :)

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by davidH View Post
    Librarium Offline I call it when this happens.
    Did you think of that all by yourself? That's funny.

It's not Roger's fault if the server gets hacked, he'll fix it when he has time. God forbid he should actually have a life outside keeping a 24 hr watch on this site for you guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8Y

Exactly, be thankful for small mercies people and cut the guy some slack!
    Nothing to see here, please move along.
    Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

Well, the owner is currently in Thailand. He can take a vacation if he wants. To explain some of the times it's been offline before in the last year or so, one was a large hack when the site was changed. LO actually was up on a temporary address within a day, but it didn't go back on the normal address til blackhat was sure he had the security issues down so that it wouldn't happen again. The other one as I remember was a fairly major database rehaul to prevent people from losing access to the page.

Whatever this one is, the truth of the matter is no one knows at the moment, so be patient please.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

The site was hacked, and Blackhat has had to work through surrogates to get things running again as the ISP is picky about who they talk to. Personally, I think it grand that he would take time from his vacation to check in, much less stop to deal with this. I know it wouldn't be at the top of my vacation list.

This has happened before, and I'm surprised from past experience that it's only going back down on occasion as it can take a while to rebuild damaged files/structures from a successful hack.

All we can do is be patient until he returns. RIght now, things are okay, so we'll keep our fingers crossed.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast