Suggestion Poll timeouts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Poll timeouts

Floating around space finding and converting small planets into biomatter for the fleet.
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

107 (x3)

Poll timeouts

Not sure if this has been posted before but I can't see it anywhere.

Basically, I've seen a few threads recently that have been dead for months, and have been put back up to front page and thus been posted on, due to the poll being answered., I have done it myself once without realising, and its happened quite a few times recently. I'd suggest somehow making the polls automatically end after lets say... 2 weeks of inactivity within the post? This would stop old posts being necrolysed due to poll votes. Hope you agree, and sorry if this has already come up or is already known about 8Y.

Main Armies: The Septem Edo Hivefleets || Da Mekanikus of Mek Skagnatz || Clan Skrawlskir of the White Rat || The Eternal Legion of Chlorr

2. Remove Advertisements

Wayward, Texas
    2 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

This topic has come up before with the mod team. I'm not sure what the coding of the site allows, but I'll try and find out. I agree, it's annoying and I don't like the thread-bumping without a new post.

That said, there are some polls hat we let remain simply because they are all but perennial. The old "What's your bloodline?" in Vampire Counts or the Wood Elves' "What color do I paint my army?" Those crop up so often, we tend to just let them stay; plus, it's kind of cool once a poll has a ton of votes.

But in general, yes, it's a pain.

+ Reply to Thread