Error - Chat isn't working on my computer:( - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

- Chat isn't working on my computer:(

Last night I went into a great depression because LO Chat wasn't working.

Today, it's the same thing. I know it isn't Chats fault (I think) because I was on at school, and it was perfectly fine (until the school internet screwed up).

So, I'm wondering: Is there anything I should install to get the best effects of Chat and hopefully get it working again?

Just bear in mind that I'm not a techno nerd (compared to you guys, anyways), so if you could explain it so a trained monkey could understand it, that would be great.

*voice goes quiet* Please help. Don't make me resort to going back to TLA Chat *shudders*.

-AFG

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    414 (x8)

What happens when you go to the chat page or try to login ? and do you use norton internet security or something similar and have it worked on your computer before ?
    Blackhat's new blog network for terrain crafters!
    www.terraincrafters.com

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

If it's simply a case of "lost connection" due to your school's poor internet service, I'm not sure there's anything you can do except try to live with it when it does work. My old high school had really crappy net (and computers), and when they decided to crap out, I just moved on to other things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Nemmy, Chat mostly works at school, but the internet is 15 years behind the rest of the world (while the rest of NZs is 10 years behind), so it occassionally goes chuggachuggachuggakaput.

And to your questions BH, it's worked fine until up to 2 days ago. We have Norton Antivirus (andI believe we still have the remnants of Limewire *glares at brother*) with 6 programs running out of 7. I'll try to let you know what ones are working when I get home.

You know how you log in, it comes up with a blank screen for a few seconds (with the message: loading Chat room- please wait), then you join, and that green loading bar appears, and the message appears saying "Please wait while we connect you" before joining. It stays at that last loading phase indefinately now.

ED: Must be a passing thing. It's fine today

-AFG
    Last edited by ArchonFarseerGuy; March 18th, 2008 at 09:46.

+ Reply to Thread