Wargaming Club Adresses Forum - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is an idea to the bosses that in my opinion could be very helpfull.

Everyone knows (or should) that is not a very good idea to give personal details on the net about oneself so what i tought was why not create a forum in which people who usually met in a public group of like minded players could place the adress of the meeting place.

So, if there was any of our members that would be looking for a place to play, either because they don't usually play as much as they would want to or because they just wanna try new opponents could go there and look to see if there is any in their area.

Personally, from reading the 'Where you al from' thread i discovered another person that lived in Dublin and did not know about the group of people i usually play with every wednesday (Dublin Guild). I gave him the adress, he went to take a look, liked it and is now thinking of returning to play.

With this forum more people could actually play more games and actually enjoy the hobby a lot more.

Hope this helps.

<a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=16083' target='_blank'>Master of the Convent of Our Martyred Saint</a>

Get your sig from-tHe BaD GuY

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you not just find out where people are from on there meber profile and PM them about joing your gaming group? It seems like a better idea than hving a whole froum on it
    A Promise to a dead man means nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That emplies that if I wnated to find someone in Diblin i would have to go through at least hundreds of profiles, and even if i actually found one active member he might even not be part of a group that meets at a public place and so that would still make you uncorfotable refusing to envite or meet another person that be honest you don&#39;t know from heaven.....

By posting adresses (it really doesn&#39;t have to be a forum per se) of existing clubs it would be safe meeting people unknown to you....
    <a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=16083' target='_blank'>Master of the Convent of Our Martyred Saint</a>

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    414 (x8)

Do you want a list of all the gamin clubs and their addresses or an opponent search ?
    Blackhat's new blog network for terrain crafters!
    www.terraincrafters.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Hugus@Apr 23 2004, 16:28
    That emplies that if I wnated to find someone in Diblin i would have to go through at least hundreds of profiles, and even if i actually found one active member he might even not be part of a group that meets at a public place and so that would still make you uncorfotable refusing to envite or meet another person that be honest you don&#39;t know from heaven.....

By posting adresses (it really doesn&#39;t have to be a forum per se) of existing clubs it would be safe meeting people unknown to you....
    Can you not just start a &#39;&#39;anyone from Dublin?&#39;&#39; thread and find out there?
    An opponant search would be awsome by the way&#33;
    A Promise to a dead man means nothing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    414 (x8)

I&#39;ll try to make an opponent search
    www.terraincrafters.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course an opponent search would be great i just though that by having a forum with the many cities and groups available on them would be easier. (no need to program)

Another even easier thing would be instead of a forum, members would be able to send their clubs adresses to ClubList@Librarium-online.com and one of the bosses could then at his description (no spam) make a page with the different clubs...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

414 (x8)

Originally posted by Hugus@Apr 27 2004, 13:56
    Of course an opponent search would be great i just though that by having a forum with the many cities and groups available on them would be easier. (no need to program)

Another even easier thing would be instead of a forum, members would be able to send their clubs adresses to ClubList@Librarium-online.com and one of the bosses could then at his description (no spam) make a page with the different clubs...
    That sounds like a great idea&#33; We could make presentations of each club like this:
    http://portal.librarium-online.com/content/view/160//

I&#39;ll set up an email address like you said and then people can post their club info to it..

clublist@librarium-online.com
    www.terraincrafters.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A smille shows on Hugus lips.

Its actually nice to see that you can help improve something that you use.

Thanks.

Closed Thread