Suggestion simple conversion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

simple conversion

Wondering if we could have a thread that simple states ways to do simple conversions, real easy instructions, or a list of great conversions on the site or other sites.

So basically anyone that wants to contribute such as danjones' awesome combi plasma guide, stick that in there, or a link to at least, an index of fantastic stuff thats been done.

Discuss!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Isn't this just the MOdelling Index, it just needs redoing more often, or people to PM Kuffy.
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Isn't the index thread in the Modelling forum kind of like this already?

Just need to add threads to this, maybe?

You could have a 'Quick and easy conversions' section in that index, for the small and simple guides, which would mean more involved projects could still be linked in there too.

Just an idea.

EDIT: Beaten to to it by a Pickle...
    Last edited by Deadstar_MRC; August 29th, 2008 at 09:09.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

266 (x8)

Oh! my bad, I had a look at the modelling forum for a "conversion thread" but I didn't see it stickied up the top so I wasn't sure.

But yeah, simple conversions, like "5 minute conversion" thread sort of thing, stuff you can literally do while paint dries, or your glue sets, or you type up a comment on LO.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by omgitsduane View Post
    But yeah, simple conversions, like "5 minute conversion" thread sort of thing, stuff you can literally do while paint dries, or your glue sets, or you type up a comment on LO.
    Typically, mods/admins have very little time to compile these sorts of things (at least, those few of them who would know where to get articles, etc., such as Kuffy and minus_t) and it's usually very much smiled upon when a member goes ahead and compiles these lists into a thread and then asks a mod to just go ahead and sticky it.

So when it comes to things like this, sometimes it's better to just go ahead and do it yourself if it's something you want to see.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

266 (x8)

Yeah I just wanted authorisation sort of before I started doing it, no point compiling if it just got lost in the pile.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by omgitsduane View Post
    Yeah I just wanted authorisation sort of before I started doing it, no point compiling if it just got lost in the pile.
    Best thing to do is just go ahead and do it, and when you post the thread, PM a moderator (such as Kuffy or minus_t, in the Painting/Modeling forums) asking them to look it over and sticky it if they deem it worthy. Should be good to go after that.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

266 (x8)

Ok cool, well I got a big day tomorrow at a new job so I'm off to bed! I'll see what I can get upto tomorrow LN! Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread