Suggestion Permanent User filtering - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Permanent User filtering

Is there any way I can permanently filter my view of the forums, or perhaps just searches, for a particular user? Reason being, "Ebay man" swamps every single search I do with so much spam it renders the functionality largely useless

(On a related note, given that we all have access to eBay in our respective territories and can search for what we want, do we really need a dedicated forum for him to advertise even more? Annoying, frankly )

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

hmm, what kind of searches are you doing?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Does the Ignore User function in the User CP help searches or just reading in threads?
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

One of the best things to do when searching is to go into the subforum that you think your thread will be located in, then use the search function from there. Unless you're going into the Trader Zone to search, you'll avoid the EbayMan bot entirely.

That said, I agree completely with you about the EbayMan, it seems like most people find little use in it and it certainly clogs up the Trader Zone and to a degree the forum.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I just tried an advanced search but my ignored member still showed up, so no, that doesn't work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did a search for Adeptus Mechanicus across all forums, a general information gathering trawl so in that case it wasn't something I could focus on a specific forum. I did think that removing the trade forum from all searches might help, which got me wondering why Ebay man and all other automated ebay notification bots are tolerated at all. I can't see what they add to this forum in the slightest whereas all they do is generate spam and clutter.

Unless ofc they are sponsoring the site, paying for the privilege to advertise here? I can't imagine them getting away with this unless they were paying tbh!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Thing is, Ebay Man's a bot that Blackhat knows about. Whether they paid to use it or not, I have no idea.

-AFG//

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

The ebay man bot provides revenue, which means it'll be sticking around. Perhaps there's a way to upgrade the advanced search function. Not sure what vbulletin offers but it might be worth checking out.

+ Reply to Thread