Did LO just insult me? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x4)

Did LO just insult me?

Ok...I'll be the first to admit I'm leaning more towards being chubby than being lean. And I suppose I do have a strong feminine side and take great joy in things often considered province of the often elusive "female". Yet, I'd never go so far as to desribe myself as being "gay" in a sexual orientation sense.
    I really do love cooking and keeping a tidy home and such...I enjoy sewing (viking clothing and such). I guess some people find theater and musicals abit "homosexualish" (if you'll allow me to coin the term) but it's abit silly to think that makes me gay as well.

Why then is Librarium Online suggesting I try out a fatty gay dating site?! What the hell LO? What did I do to you?! Did you take offense at my Vampire counts question or continous lurking?

Sheesh...atleast be abit more mature about it, rather than slipping quite frankly confusing google ad messages into my forum surfing

But seriously now...
    Gay chubby dating? Anyone else getting these kind of google ads or should I not attempt to adjust my internetz for I have entered...the Twilight Zone?

Your fluffraping hurts my eyes. - TehDarkPredator

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Everyone does, its based off the topic within, keywords determine the ads. Blackhat or Stoney need to work out how to restrict these off the board as it isn't particularly suitable, no offence to anyone.
    Last edited by DavidWC09; November 30th, 2008 at 05:04. Reason: No need to go about wagging fingers.
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by PrOtOcoN View Post
    I really do love cooking and keeping a tidy home and such...I enjoy sewing (viking clothing and such).

Why then is Librarium Online suggesting I try out a fatty gay dating site?! What the hell LO? What did I do to you?! Did you take offense at my Vampire counts question or continous lurking?

But seriously now...
    Gay chubby dating? Anyone else getting these kind of google ads or should I not attempt to adjust my internetz for I have entered...the Twilight Zone?
    Now that was one of the funnier rants I've read in a while.

I subscribe so that I don't have to see the ads, which I find overly large and intrusive.

As for this ad in particular, it's fed by whatever algorithm Google gives it, so if in the Google matrix, LO calculates to a site that chubby, gay men might frequent, who are we to question that greater wisdom? Who are we to protest?

More seriously, don't you already just scroll past the ads? In my opinion, they're all annoying and in one sense or another offensive to how I want to experience LO. Like I said before, I subscribe.

Still, there must be some sort of restrictions and filters that can be placed on the banners. I'll ask Stonehambey to read this thread and take a look into things, but there aren't that many dating ads popping up from what I remember of my login page.
    Last edited by DavidWC09; November 30th, 2008 at 05:01.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

What browser do you use?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

What the hell LO? What did I do to you?! Did you take offense at my Vampire counts question or continous lurking?
    You may laugh. But the girl who's brains I tried to suck out after reading about feeder tendrils in the Nids forum didn't find it so funny.

Hmm... brains.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x4)

It doesn't really "bother" me, I just found it hilarious that this is what google ads comes up with.As I write this the google ad banner is hanging above this message, taunting me.
    Infact, almost everywhere I go on LO now it's sitting there, those two jolly fellows eyeing me up, thin pink tongues licking away lust spittle as they move closer...closer...CLOSER!

I just thought I'd point it out in case other perhaps less savory ads were slipping through.

But ofcourse I just scroll right past the ads, but this large baby blue banner with its plump font does catch the eye =D

@ArchonFarseerGuy
    Firefox ofcourse.

Your fluffraping hurts my eyes. - TehDarkPredator

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by PrOtOcoN View Post
    @ArchonFarseerGuy
    Firefox ofcourse.
    Have you tried Chrome? LO clicks on wonderfully on Chrome, still get the ads though.

I'm not entirely sure where this thread belongs, but I'm moving it to support so admin can take a look.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree somewhat with David. It is pretty funny. However, I understand where you're coming from on this one.
    It's like when you are blogging about your father that passed away, you don't need google ads popping up to offer you to talk with spirits or even a plot to be buried in.
    Okay, so now I have no signature. Great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats the funniest thing I have seen all week. Lol. Truley WTF.

I've had that on other forums it really realy freaky.

Butnever in this chubby way!

Lol
    You may have a grotesquely large cleaver, you may have a guargaunteous fire arm BUT I have the flames of faith.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidVC04 View Post
    Have you tried Chrome? LO clicks on wonderfully on Chrome, still get the ads though.
    nothing else does though, piece of cr.....poo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast