Librarium Online Forums banner

LO Down...?

2K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  Hive Fleet Ruina 
#1 ·
I haven't been able to get to LO for 5 days... Did anything happen or... Was it just me?

#17 · (Edited)
Little known fact:

Stonehambey passed out in a pub, drunk on ale and whiskey. When he awoke, he found himself strapped to a gurney and reflected in the mirrored gaze of a geneticist wielding a scalpel and a tube of anesthesia.

This Doctor Rostovtsev, numerously implicated as a debauchee, had determined himself to extend the life of one Elliott Carter, a widely known 20th century composer who is best known for his developments of rhythmic notation in string quartets and other chamber music.

Thusly determined, the Doctor had availed himself of the night's opportunity when he noticed a young chap at the end of the bar, conked out, empty tankards and shot glasses scattered on the floor about him.

Hours later our dear Stonehambey found himself reconciling his soul to Jesus on the eve of Elliott Carter's 100th birthday.

Fortunately for Stonehambey, this happened during the 2008 LO meet. King Ulrik Flamebeard and 'Shonuff had noticed the strange gent in the white laboratory coat at the other end of the bar, but themselves a bit bleary eyed and worse for wear, they took to spinning a sloshy game of foosball while Stonehambey was whisked away, hooked on Doctor Rostovtsev's arm.

At some point our two modly heroes noticed the strange absence of a man too near a coma to walk and willed themselves into hot pursuit after the disappearing Stonehambey.

King Ulrik Flamebeard and 'Shonuff trailed Stoney's vapors to the hideout of Doctor Rostovtsev, burst through the cellar door, bypassed the traps and pitfalls, grappled with the mad doctor, and freed Stonehambey.

Sadly, though, a seminal composer died today, hours after his 100th birthday, awaiting his biannual clone implant from the determined geneticist.

Here's what it means for all of you:

LO is restored, the ale and whiskey flows, and the conversation continues.

#19 ·
thank God it got fixed, I was wondering if the site got gooned again like it did 2 years ago.

#20 ·
Thank God! I was getting the shakes and I just felt cold all the time.

Here's to LO never going down again!

Also, is there any sort of system for notify members when the site is down / when it might be back up that we can use? I wasn't sure if it was the whole site or just me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.