Suggestion Voting in old polls - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Voting in old polls

I know it's been talked about before, but are there any plans to do anything about the annoying occurrence of bumping threads by voting in polls? It's happened quite a lot recently. Someone is trawling through old threads and for some reason votes in a poll thus bumping a thread that is often several years old to the top of the forum. There's one in General Hobby Discussions at the moment, for example, a thread about titans where the last post was in 2004, which is now back at the top of the forum due to the poll.

Is it possible to set the forums so that voting in a poll does not bump the thread?

Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Why not limit the polls to a life span of 6 months?

Dan

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Several year's old is a bit much. We do generally ask that people create stop dates with their polls, and many mods make a habit of inserting stop dates where there are none. From past discussions, I seem to recall that there isn't a way to have a default ending date. For a few polls, we don't want them to end as someone will just start another one; plus, it's kind of cool to see what a few hundred people vote. For instance, the 6th. edition Vampire Counts polls "Which Bloodline?" was a no-brainer. That one stayed open and pinne. Imposing automatic end dates would confound threads like that, though they're not that terribly frequent.

You can always PM a mod about a poll that's been bumped, especially one that's especially old.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

539 (x8)

It can be annoying, especially when they don't post, jsut vote: i mean, if they atleast SAY something. Put just clicking a vote and that being it... that's kinda stupid.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ancalagon View Post

Is it possible to set the forums so that voting in a poll does not bump the thread?
    This right here is the problem. Can we set the default against bumping polls every time a vote comes in?
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    This right here is the problem. Can we set the default against bumping polls every time a vote comes in?
    Oh I am so behind this one... I hate it when I see a subscription-update in my Control panel, only to find out that it was just a new vote in the poll and no new posts in the topic. >_<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

If it's possible I think it would be a great idea to stop polls bumping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Mighty Camel View Post
    Oh I am so behind this one... I hate it when I see a subscription-update in my Control panel, only to find out that it was just a new vote in the poll and no new posts in the topic. >_<
    That's the issue I had with it as well - the notifications are slightly annoying.

~ L

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Yeah, it is. I unsubscribe, or I go and close the poll. A few polls we leave open, the "old perennials" like "What color scheme for your Wood Elves?" Otherwise, they need a closing date. You can always report a poll and ask something like "Does this poll need to be closed?"
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x3)

I've unsubscribed to all the ones that get voted in much more than they get posted in now.

~ L

+ Reply to Thread