Suggestion Mods should be able to delete "old" posts... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Mods should be able to delete "old" posts...

Good afternoon to all,

I was recently thinking, maybe Mods should be able to delete "old" posts, to prevent Threadomancy?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

They can close the threads. It's the same. If they deleted them then people wouldn't be able to read them and they'd always be brought up in new threads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Spamalot has it half right, the other half being that Supermods and higher can delete them in all boards, and Greens can do so in the boards they have power in (and therefore, actually check). And as was said, it's typically easiest to simply lock a thread after it's been brought back than it is to determine which posts are old enough to be deleted, frequently go through the forums and purge them with fire.

And besides, deleting old posts means people like me can't read them six years down the track.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonFarseerGuy View Post
    And besides, deleting old posts means people like me can't read them six years down the track.
    Yeah, there's often a lot of useful stuff in old threads. The problem is the idiots who read them then post "I agree" or vote in an ancient poll... >_<
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

if a thread a few years old has been posted in then I delete the post cos it sends the thread back to the page it originally came from.

+ Reply to Thread