Question Limited Edition LO Dice - Give us your thoughts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you purchase LO dice?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, without a doubt.

34 27.87%
  • Probably.

62 50.82%
  • Not sure / Don't Care

12 9.84%
  • Probably not or no.

14 11.48%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Limited Edition LO Dice - Give us your thoughts

King Ulrik, in his usual devious Dwarfish way, concocted the idea of offering LO dice. We'd get a set amount, see how they sold, and maybe do it again in the future.

The mod team started hammering at Kuffy's idea and came up with some ideas.

We'll work out all the details and not make an "official" offering to you guys and gals until we've placed the order with a company. Different mods are researching dice manufacturers, and we'll contact them once we've gotten an idea how many of you are interested in purchasing a set.

Mind you, this will probably be a very limited set of dice as we'll be offering the manufacturer free advertising to cover some or maybe even all of the cost. Shipping will add to the price, so take that into account (probably shipping out of Europe/UK).

By placing the order in advance, there won't be any delay like there was with the activity contest. If you pay for the dice, you'll get a set shipped to you. For now, we just need to know how many people are interested in owning a set of Limited Edition, First Run, Ultimate Titanium Librarium-Online magic unicorn dice.

After you vote, post your thoughts about quantity and dimensions. How many dice and what size? How about the idea of letting members submit designs and giving the design winner a free set of dice alongside a subscription for a couple of months?

Cheers,

DavidWC09

EDIT:

P.S. I'm voting, "Yes." I think it'd be awesome.

Last edited by DavidWC09; July 24th, 2009 at 06:55.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

i probably would. i would need to see the price first. sense i have a lot of dice as it is.
    I am an Indestructible master of War.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

I think that sounds pretty cool. Rather annoyingly, I bought myself a big batch of dice yesterday as I needed some.

I think getting people to send in designs is pretty cool.

As for size, the GW dice that come in red and white, they seem a pretty decent size, as if you need lots of them, you don't want them to be too big...

It's a 'yes' from me anyway!...

Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Half a dozen "big dice", ~12mm, would be cool. I like the idea of having a competition too.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

As long as they're not the annoying little buggers that roll ones 2/3 of the time, I'd be interested.

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

The guys over at Dice & Games LTD (original, I know) do some very nice dice. I also know for a fact that they do equivalents of Scatter Dice/Artillery Dice. Why? Because they're the guys who make them for GW. Having those two unique dice in LO-style would be a very nice touch, I think.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

I think the size of GW dice would be good its a nice size. A pack of about 20 would work as 20 is enough for "most" gaming needs, but that would depend on the price, if 20 was more than about £10 maybe push to £15 at that size i would stay clear.
    "Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x2)

I voted for Probably:

I like the idea but I am not sure how my wallet will like it

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravendove View Post
    The guys over at Dice & Games LTD (original, I know) do some very nice dice. I also know for a fact that they do equivalents of Scatter Dice/Artillery Dice. Why? Because they're the guys who make them for GW. Having those two unique dice in LO-style would be a very nice touch, I think.
    This is probably the only reason I'd be more willing to buy from a UK dice company than one here in the US; if shipping costs even half of the dice cost, it seems a bit silly to me to buy, but having a LO scatter/artillery die would be awesome.

As long as the cost isn't too steep (say, more than GW's own dice) and the quality of the dice is good, I wouldn't mind buying them, myself. I'd rather not buy large dice, as small or at least medium sized tend to roll better for me (oddly enough) so if they're too big, I probably wouldn't grab them.

And of course, it depends for me on how they look as "LO dice." What are the ideas for their colours, will they have the LO logo on them at all? etc.

Cool idea, nonetheless.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

I'd be willing to buy an LO dice set, especially if it included an LO-style Scatter dice, maybe with the LO symbol on the 'Hit' side

As long as the price isn't too bad, I'd definitely be interested. I live in the UK as well so the shipping won't cost too much

~ DiW

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast