Other Redirect Ads? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Redirect Ads?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Redirect Ads?

Hey, strange thing has been happening. I've opened a thread both on my computer at work and at home where it redirected me to a spam website. Has this been happening to anyone else? It just did it to me when I loaded http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-new-post.html
    I think this was the page it did to me earlier as well, but I'm not sure... thoughts?

FYI: Lose=To not win Loose=To not be tight There=A place Their=A person's They're=They are

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Let me make sure I understand you. When you clicked on the link to enter a thread, you were instead redirected to a spam site? Could you view the thread at all?

The link I just followed went to a thread. Hmm...
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x1)

Yeah, I clicked on the link from my yahoo email, and I though it took me to the page, but then redirected me to a site with pop ups. I would have maybe thought virus or malware on my computer, but it happened at work on my mac and then at home on my PC (running the most recent version of Firefox). And its only happened the two times when I access a LO thread through my email. I was trying to narrow it down and see if anyone else had had this problem just incase it wasnt a problem on my end. Has there been any new ad traffic that could possibly redirect some how?
    FYI: Lose=To not win Loose=To not be tight There=A place Their=A person's They're=They are

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Okay, I see. Thanks.

I don't know much about the ad traffic. Any ad that Google pushes through could potentially have some backcode in it, but Google certainly wouldn't knowingly allow that kind of thing.

Maybe the problem already resolved itself if it happened just those two times.

We'll see if it's happened to anyone else, and then it very well might be a site problem. We don't want redirects like that on LO. Who knows where you'd end up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x1)

And just a clarification, it didnt happen every time I went to that thread. Made me think it may have been a rotating add.
    Its basically just an annoyance. There's a ton of that junk on the web. But LO is better than your common internets! So we'l just stay vigilant! l

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been randomly redirected a couple of times now to sites that firefox deems dangerous or w/e. The other occasion my AVG went a little mad so I had to shut the browser down They just popped up as I was wondering around the forums!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

How recently, EMS?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Within the past 4 or 5 days, can't quite remember. Most the time it was just that fox bingo thing, but on one occaision firefox reported an ad as spam and the other AVG stopped it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

I'll ask Blackhat to take a look at this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x1)

Hey, happened again. There is some sort of redirect on the page. The ad at the bottom is for SEODollars.com I reopened the page and now its a different ad and I am not being redirected. Perplexing...

Here is the redirect link that I was able to get. I don't know if it will help in the investigation or if it applicable.
    Redirect

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast