Suggestion Wtf is with the disgusting ads? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wtf is with the disgusting ads?

Erm.....Whats up with all the disgusting ads posted on this site. I dont need to see the inside of someones disgusting mouth while browsing the forum. This is really unnecessary and quite revolting, I suggest you guys change your adds to something a LOT more appropriate.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it has a lot to do with them making money from advertising so that we can all enjoy the use of the website + forums for free?

If it was a choice between looking / skipping past a few adverts and using a free forum/website or having to pay a subscription to use it, I think I would take the free option.

Agreed though the adverts could be more topic orientated, but advertising money is advertising money.

Am just glad it is a free forum considering it looks and appears one of the best around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by x1xx1x View Post
    I think it has a lot to do with them making money from advertising so that we can all enjoy the use of the website + forums for free?

If it was a choice between looking / skipping past a few adverts and using a free forum/website or having to pay a subscription to use it, I think I would take the free option.

Agreed though the adverts could be more topic orientated, but advertising money is advertising money.

Am just glad it is a free forum considering it looks and appears one of the best around.

sorry i dont buy that excuse for 1 second. I visit atleast 10 different forums a day, and none of them have rediculous advertisements spammed all over the place. And ive never heard of paying for a forum? LMAO there would be 2 members on a forum if it required a membership fee. I think something should definatly be done about the ads though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The hosting costs for this website and forums will be more expensive than you think, especially with the traffic it generates and the webspace required.

I agree with you that the adverts could be more orientated towards wargaming, but 95% of forums (100% of big forums) have advertising.

Just dont look at them (close your eyes and scroll down quickly) lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    414 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Mafty View Post
    sorry i dont buy that excuse for 1 second. I visit atleast 10 different forums a day, and none of them have rediculous advertisements spammed all over the place. And ive never heard of paying for a forum? LMAO there would be 2 members on a forum if it required a membership fee. I think something should definatly be done about the ads though.

I pay $250 per month only for hosting. Without any ads how do you recon I pay that ?

About relevant ads, thats totally impossible. We have been trying to get advertises from the "wargaming world" for years and none of our plans seems to be cheap enough for them. Not even 5000 unique per day for one month and a $15.00 cost is to much for them so I given up that.
    Blackhat's new blog network for terrain crafters!
    www.terraincrafters.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, on the bright side. At least its nowhere near as bad when you're logged in because when I first came across LO, there were waaay more ads and it kept breaking up the posts as I tried to read them.

After I logged in, *sprinkling of pixie dust*, hardly any ads, at least in the middle of threads.
    Necrons W68-D13-L10 (3rd edition codex)
    Necrons W3-D1-L1 (latest codex)
    Skaven still being assembled

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Erm.....Whats up with all the disgusting ads posted on this site. I dont need to see the inside of someones disgusting mouth while browsing the forum. This is really unnecessary and quite revolting, I suggest you guys change your adds to something a LOT more appropriate.
    If you don't like the ads, then subscribe. Untill then, i'm afraid you have to deal with it.,

I am aware of the advertisement you are referring top, the teeth one? Yes, I agree it is horrible, but it is a common advertisement, infact I find a number of sites I frequent on have the exact same ad.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    467 (x8)

The inside of a mouth is hardly that disgusting.

It's rather natural, and normal.
    Cervantes: In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Quixote View Post
    The inside of a mouth is hardly that disgusting.

It's rather natural, and normal.
    So is an anus, but I can do without seeing one. I could also do without the gaping mouths.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    467 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidWC09 View Post
    So is an anus, but I can do without seeing one. I could also do without the gaping mouths.
    Yeah but (hehe) anuses aren't on display everywhere, although mouths are. Given, they aren't open the whole (hehe) time.

I'm not saying I like the mouths (yet, I've not seen that many here), all I'm saying is that it seems that Mafty is having an over-reaction (Caps-Lock? Really?).
    Last edited by Jon Quixote; December 15th, 2009 at 18:26.
    Cervantes: In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast