Question Large Posts and Double Posting - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Large Posts and Double Posting

Hey guys, just a few quick questions.

I recently attempted to post quite a large sum of text in this thread outlining my thoughts and ideas. The problem is, though the post originally seemed successful it did not appear on the page. I waited about 10 mins before trying again this time making sure to read the fine print after posting. I was informed that my post would have to be approved by a moderator before being posted. So would this be because of the amount of text I attempted to post or because I am quite new to the forum? And second question, can I remove the invisible double post I have subsequently made?

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    190 (x3)

Hey

Yeah I had the same problem when I was attempting to post the entire of the 40K 3 word story. Apparently it is due to the amount of text that the forum can process at any one time. If you exceed a certain amount of text, than the post you wanted to put in goes in some sort of "Safe" mode, I use that term loosely. It is hard to explain, and maybe the Admin can help out, but from what I understand is that the if you attempt to post the same yet again, you will have a message that comes up saying that you have already made this post, and then you will be taken to the post, without two identical replies appearing. So I do not think that you have made an "invisible" double post, I think that there is just the one reply, and it may have registered in your post count. Again, maybe someone more authorised to help can give you more information, as it is difficult to express in words.

And it happened in a thread I created. I would sure like to see your ideas, so if you have not already posted, maybe summarise what you have said, and then attempt to do it again. That is the only advice I can give...

Good Hunting.
    Light a fire for a man, and he will be warm for a night. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply and I appreciate the help. When I tried to post a second time in the thread I kinda altered the second post a little from the first, which is probably why it didn't take me to the original post with an identical reply beside it. So far I can't see any sort of post showing in your thread so I'm going to try summarising all my points or splitting them up into parts and repost them to see what happens. I must admit I like to explain my reasoning behind all the changes I've listed but it might make it easier to wade through if I just write down the changes I'd like to see.

Thanks again and if it triple posts then I'll be able to fix the problem hopefully! Here's to hoping XD

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Re: double posting in general (only on the Quick Reply, I haven't tested it on the advanced posting): almost every time I write a Quick Reply, no matter the length, and hit "Post Quick Reply," it takes a longer time loading, and then the page will load that tells me I can't post twice within 30 seconds (which means the forum is auto-double posting for me). Gets kind of annoying and defeats the entire purpose of a Quick Reply!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny you should mention that because that exact same thing happened to me straight after I posted this. Thought it was just my internet being stupid but it's good to know that the problem isn't just limited to me. Unlucky for you but now I don't feel so lonely

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Vidson View Post
    It's funny you should mention that because that exact same thing happened to me straight after I posted this. Thought it was just my internet being stupid but it's good to know that the problem isn't just limited to me. Unlucky for you but now I don't feel so lonely
    It seems to be happening less now.. may have just been a temporary thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

I'm having problems as well. Every time I try to post a reply (One click only, yes I'm sure), it does nothing for about ten seconds, then sends me to the post creation page, whether I was using quick reply or advanced reply, and tells me I tried to double post.
    Avatar's Arena #3 let the games begin!
    The Outsider And Kae'Tyr-necron fluff

+ Reply to Thread